Trouble recalling dreams during weekdays.

I as the title says I have trouble remembering dreams during weekdays. I think it might have something to do with me being awoken quickly by the alarm but I can never really remember anything. I remain still for a couple of minutes, but nothing. Its not that i can’t, at weekends i have no such problem, i have recalled what seemed to be 7 dreams (but i think it was a couple of scenes just in different surroundings). I’m definitely getting enough sleep, 8 hours is normal. So any tips that i could use to help with with this would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some general tips I wrote in another thread
[Dream recall)

Specifically, I think there are a few ways to improve your specific dream recall:
From what you describe, your DR is still very basic, so the good news are that it will improve with practice.

Some tips:

1. If you feel alarm clock makes you forget, Try to set up a wake up time using auto suggest. The usual way it works, similar to what I wrote in the post, tell yourself you will wake up at a specific hour. See that hour in your mind as real as you can. Try to imagine yourself waking up and checking the time seeing that hour.
    Of course set an alarm clock to a little later just in case it doesn’t work.

2. You can also try to wake up in the middle of the night (using an alarm clock or autosuggestion). Try to set it to a middle of a REM cycle (4, 6.5, 7 hours after you fall asleep - experiment to get the right time for you). Immediately write what you remember (without getting out of bed)

Good luck.

The best time to recall dreams is when you first awake. Even if it is in the middle of the night, ask yourself “What was I dreaming?” Think back and see if you can recall any images or events of the dream…