Trouble with RC's

Ok, I only had my first lucid dream last night but a RC didn’t work in my dream. I also remember trying to do a RC in a dream a few weeks ago and it failed as well. It was the same RC though. I can never really remeber any good ones to do while i’m in a dream. I want to look at a digital clock but can never find one. Looking at my hands worked well last night since they were missing, along with my forearms! Later on they came back though. Can any of you suggest RC’s that involves yourself or someone else? And that closing your eye and looking at your nose one doesn’t work for me.

Which RC are you doing which isn’t working?

A good one is to find some text and try to read it, and see if it says the same thing the second time you glance at it.
You can also plug your nose and try to breath through it at the same time.
Reaching through walls with your hand is also a fun one.

Oh yeah. I forgot about plugging your nose. I tried to look at my nose by closing one eye. Someone suggested it but it doesn’t work for me. I can never really find any writing in my dreams. I don’t really read alot. And when i’m in a random local I don’t know where to look. I shall have to try passing my hand through a wall or something. It may have been usefull last night when I was stuck inside a house. I didn’t have any hands last night though for awhile. That’s how I became lucid.

I also had trouble trying to get to a high lucid level. I tried rubbing my hands together to no affect. I also tried saying aloud “increase lucidity” but nothing happened. I’m not sure I said it aloud though, may have just been in my head.

You could try asking yourself ‘what was i doing 5 minutes ago?’ If you can’t remember, then you might be dreaming.

This thread should be useful
https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-reality-check-topic-part-ii/7108

Hehehe, I do that all the time in RL…and most the time I can’t remember :tongue:

One good one could be finding a wall and touching it in a dream it won’t feel right.

What I find helps increase my awareness is to examine every sense I have for a few moments, then my breathing, then myself, then my awareness itself.
Like, concentrate on your sight, then your hearing, just really get a feel for where you are. That usually works.

I do what Josh does, but simpler (just look, touch, and then how the world around me seems real). It’s quicker (gotta use all the time yah get :wink:) and shouldn’t make much difference.

Unfortunatly, the effect generally only last a little while. So you’ve gotta do it everynow and then for ti to work best.

Ok, thats for all the advice. I guess I was just a little too eager to try everything at once.

I’ll have to keep that in mind! I love this forum, so much useful advice!

I know this is off-topic, but, I had my first LD a couple of days ago, and I got so excited that my lucidity lasted 3 seconds. I was asking…how long lasted yours?

I had my first LDs a day ago. I think mine lasted about a few minutes for each one.

My first (induced) LD lasted around 10 to 15 minutes. Unless you count the ones where I woke up straight away.

My first (natural) LD lasted around 5 to 10 minutes.
Unless you count the ones where I became lucid in a nightmare and woke myself up straight away.

My last LD lasted around 40 minutes.

That’s because you assume it won’t, so this isnt a good RC. In my LD’s, walls sometimes feel so perfectly real that I might think it’s not a dream at all!

There’s one thing I don’t understand about LDing. If you do a reality check, doesn’t that mean that you have already become lucid? Or atleast you have the power to do something of your own choice. I only follow a path, a destiny, if you will. There’s no way to do something that wasn’t supposed to happen. Like stepping up to a wall and touch it.

You may fail the reality check by reaching the wrong conlusion, and remain un-lucid.
“Oh, cows can really fly, cause it was on the news, well, I guess I’m not dreaming.”

:content:

Covah thats why you have to make RC’s part of your daily routines, so eventually it will show up automatically in your dreams too.

It means that you still wonder whether you’re in a dream or not. So you aren’t fully lucid.

If this question comes to your mind, generally your “dream destiny” will be to verify if you’re in a dream or in the reality. Or do you mean that you experienced once this situation, asking yourself if you were in a dream, and not having the possibility to verify it? :eh:

Remember, dreams are based off of real life.
You do something in real life, you’ll run off on to your dreams (habbits in other words).

So, if you get into the habbit of taking RC’s, you’ll take them in your dreams.

Also, there is a stage called ‘pre lucid’. In this stage, you have begun to suspect that you are dreaming, but aren’t sure. when you are pre-lucid, you’ll have more control over your actions (almost like as if you were fully lucid), so you can decide to take a RC.

RC’s are also helpful once your lucid. If at any point you think you may have made a mistake, and are worrying that it isn’t really a dream, you can take a RC to be calm yourself and give proof that you are dreaming.
Also, they can be used to increase and keep up lucidity (by continuously taking them).