Tutorial: Beginners Guide to Lucid Dreaming

Ok…Ok!! I can understand that i am like farting!!in my country
we have such a phrase for guys like me…I like criticism and i act like
a “know all” jackass…the most of my posts will be like that i guess…
i feel sorry if i make you feel uncomfortable…they are just thoughts…
the bad side of democracy…i am free to say them…

Let me begin…

A proven thing that we need to know is that when we sleep we
storage memory…so don’t try to memorize something in WL
which you can store it while being in a LD…(I wrote it again…
try to use memorizing methods when you are in the LD…)
such as connection of real and lucid memories…this will make
you remember when you will wake up…am I right?NO??why??You
know the answer…to the most of you have happened a story like
this…
A dream’s scene-story was like a scene-story of your WL…and
what happened?you got confused about what is real…for a second
and then you keep remember this dream…
why this happens?because there is a bridge between this 2 memories…
build the bridges!!!or laugh at me…
there are also stories of many people who remembered a dream they had
after many days or months by a similar situation that happend
to this dream and WL!!is it not funny??this specific dream was
memorized by them but they couldn’t reach it…I am not lying…i guess
So as a conclusion to memory…dont panic with diary in my opinion…
keep diaries and journals for other purposes!!and there are more
important purposes to do this…such us write down what you understand
about yourself in a LD…or what you did and like it…like flying!!
You should realize that LD is not an adventure…it is just adventure too!!(greek way of expression)
this is mostly your mistake…i am new to the community
and i didn’t know that other people have LDs until some days ago…
keep this in mind…but keep also in mind that there are massage devices
which are used by women to masturbate…LDs are mostly talkings with
some different angles of our own thoughts…like a multi-personality ego…
but this happens when dreaming so it’s not bad…because it’s like YOU+you…
YOU are the master and you are the assistants…
secondly and goes on…dreams are coordinations of our sound card
graphics card etc. LDs are orders we give to this parts of human brain…
so i disagree with this guide…because…i believe that is foolish to
start LDs by waiting more vivid dreams…may this is the first reason
but its the wrong path…why?because dreaming is not made for that!!
Havelok Ellis said that dreams are real as much they last,more than life!!
He is true but…
I advise you not to “take” this path…if you want LDs read about dreams and
the procedures are made during them by your brain…read Michel Jouvet dream book…
Firstly dreams are exist during REM so dont try some methods
which may confuse your brain shedule they work but are pointless…just sleep…and when REM
comes then have a LD…
How?are you joking?tell a friend when sees you to be into REM(it’s easy to understand)
to kindly remind you
to lucid dream!!what i mean is that when we are in REM we don’t feel something of the surroundings
only when something is “strong”…like a bell…gets into the sound card!!and then there are some “paths”
first we wake up…second having a False awake… third fall again into deep sleep…pick your path…
in the 2 of this 3 paths you can achieve a LD…if you know about dreams
you will better understand my writing…i’m sorry for my english…
I will not stop until everyone be a lucid dreamer!!
So realize that some specific sounds…which you pick…can give you a LD…
RC is also good…diaries are good…but all are only good…what you should do
is to be friend with the dreamaker who is in your brain!!!read some post i made and you will
understand what i mean…all you need are a few LDs…after the first steps(right one’s)
you will be fully able!!

Also the time that i have a LD i can remember other LDs…try it…the next time a LD is happen to you
dont make it adventure…make it an introspection travel in your brain…and ask to see him again…
when you ask this the centre of dreams is touched from your willing…that’s how we work…
Our neurons are like pixels with the RC and DJ you put more pixels in the picture it’s true…
but it’s better to entirely create this picture-order…
AND A TIP WHICH HAS TO BE WRITTEN IN THIS CAPS-WAY!!
IN YOUR NEXT LD OPEN A DOOR AND GO BACK TO A FAMILIAR ROOM(BEDROOM)
when you wake up you will remember anything…this happens not from a dream in your bedroom…
but from a LD in which you choose to go to your bedroom…
that’s a novice way of memorizing…and this is brain exercise for me…build the bridges again…
it’s wrong trying to make sense of your dream…why?because is false-sense…its only good
for memorizing but i told you better ways to memorize…if you want to make sense ask
this question while dreaming only!!and then tell me if you could forget something!!!not remember…forget…
The only thing which is right about the DJ is that makes you curious into your dreams…this wakes you up…
but there is a better way so…it’s up to you…Imagine (and it’s almost true) that when you are dreaming
there is a maestro who beats the tone of dreams…parts of our brain like a “graphics card”,“sound card”,
and other “cards” which give us senses…are obey to the maestro!!you have to be friends with him…
then the brain us body part will get used to have the part of conscious awake while dreaming…this is LD!!!
I dont know the language properly and i am confused myself!!so it’s better to write them in Greek
and someone who can translate them post them…i will reply to any of your questions…
I feel that i am write…i dont believe it…but i do believe nothing in general…

I have a problem while editting so i post an add-reply…
When i am writing false awake i mean FA but in my opinion in the forum is not complete as it should
the translate of the FA…FA may happen any time
REM cycle starts again!!! the only true experiments are made in animals who dream
on have shown us that almost every dream starts while we wake up in a “place”…due
to the confusion is made after LD we have FAdreams…this means that the most times
something conscious(like our mother trying to wake us up…or after LD)inserted into
dreamlife(REM) then we may can memorize this dream and call it FA and this dreams are “directed”
in more real tones…
try to find the experiment with the cat while she dreams…you may realize that if any dream
starts in a certain way…the only thing you should do for LD is to make RC when you wake
up or change enviroment(change room)then…who knows?LD may be easier…and also
you will be lucid from the beginning…and maybe then you can plan your dreams…maybe

I have forgotten many things to write maybe some other time…

I was doing the alternative to journaling -which was reviewing the dream in my mind through the morning -which worked okay at first. I have even become lucid a couple of times. But after reading this -I get it. And journaling this morning was 100000% better than my other approach.

The journaling approach in your thread should be a front and center guide -up there with the translation of the abbreviations in this forum. The WHY to Journaling as well as the HOW to Journaling is all here. And now my journaling has purpose -to get the next dream more vivid. Like working out the mind!!!

Thanks so much, that was a brilliant read!

I will be taking all this into account tonight and hopefully move closer to lucid dreaming!

Thank you for that guide !

I already started a DJ, but I hadn’t any clue about how a powerful tool it could be.

Thank you very much, and I will let you now any improvement in my vividness !

I am a new to lucid dreaming and had 3 so far. It always occurs when i naturally wake up at like 3.30Am and try to WILD but fail and fall asleep then i get a Lucid dream. I won’t try wilds anymore XD will just keep a dream journal.

What a superb guide. I’ll have to start up a dream journal - seems like the most important item.

Thanks!

This is such a brilliant guide, it has helped me a lot! I think it should be in the Knowledge Base so that every beginner can find it at first glance :happy:

I have a question:
why exactly do you become lucid and aware by making your dreams more vivid?
I mean I know Rathez has a lot of great points in his guide, and it has been a great help, but isn’t awareness and vividness two different things?

When is something more vivid you have more awareness, I mean you when you are drunk everything is different and you don’t actually pay attention to everything.

The similar is with dreams and vividness. When dream is not vivid enough you won’t remember the dream with many details in morning and the same is with becoming lucid, the less chances is for you to become lucid.

When you have lucidness and vividness then that’s the most amazing lucid dream. Because it looks like WL but it’s not. You can do everything and you aren’t defined by physical laws. And the best thing about all that’s that you are aware, you know what’s happening and your experience is brought to another level.

I had a few lucid dreams like that and it’s very great experience…

Wow! Almost 2 years since I posted this guide. Its been a while since I’ve been back here too. I’m glad people have found my guide useful.

I’ll answer the common question about vividness and awareness in a couple hours when I get home. db_FTS is on the right track. Just wanted to bump the guide for now

1 Like

I read this guide a while ago, when I started LDing. It has been the main basis of all my LD efforts. A week or two ago I had my first LD and it was great! Thanks for the awesome guide :happy:

Is there any risk that keeping a Dream Journal refuses to work the way it is supposed to work?
I mean, for example that you may remember your dreams more easily but they just don’t become and more vivid?

To be perfectly honest I’ve never kept a Dream Journal for that long; I believe the longest I’ve managed is 3 days, and surely I did get a great increase in vividness even during that short span of time, but is there any possibility that the vividness will just… stop improving all of a sudden?

It depends, I mean level of vividness is something that you compare to level that you had before practicing LD and at the beginning of practicing… Sometimes I have so vivid dreams that I think can’t be more vivid then that.

If you look at improving vividness as linear improvement then yes, it’s going to stop to improve at some point but vividness is hardly linear… It’s more like DR and you know it so keeping DR may only help you to increase level of vividness but to have constant high level vividness, I don’t think so but who knows maybe it will work for you in just that way… :tongue:

What I found is that eventually I was remember multiple dreams a night in great detail with 1 at least being a LD. It never stops working; you sort of just hit a ceiling where you’re remembering a lot of dreams every night, with the ‘main’ ones being more vivid/memorable/LDs, and the other sort of being blurry. As anything dream related, it can be hard to explain, and the only way to really know is to try it for yourself. But I would say it never drops off in a bad way.

The only true risk I have found with keeping a dream journal for an extensive amount of time is that your nightmares, if you have any, become just as realistic as your normal dreams. If you can’t handle nightmares this may freak you out a bit, but personally I’ve found that if you become this involved with your dreams, you’ll subconsciously know you’re dreaming even when you’re not LDing, and the nightmares really aren’t all that bad. But if you have bad nightmares, it may get worse before it becomes better.

I must say i find this guide really inspirational. After reading it i felt compelled to go out and get myself a DJ and so i did :happy:.

Thanks alot for taking the time to share this with others, much love.

Andres
PerfectSense

So glad i found this thread! Thank u all for paricipating and amking it grow. Rathez, you are putting into words and from there made a practical guide of my experiences as well. One year ago i was in the amazon and i was working a lot with my dreams. I had tried every technique out there and had some results, but very sporadically. After starting to write down everything to the tiniest detail in my DJ and trying to understand the dream to the best of my ability, i started to have LD’s every night. One night i had up to 9 LD’s in a row. I could go in and out of the dreamspace using my will. What you are saying is confirming to me that this is the way to go for me.

Lately ive been rebuilding my DR and ive been writing a lot in my DJ. For the moment i remember 3-5 dreams per night. I keep my ipad close to bed so i can reach it, even when i wake up in the night after a dream so to get the freshness of the dream into the DJ asap. When i get out of bed, i transfer to my writing DJ, that i am more thorough with. The ipad becomes the scetch pad and the written is where i work out the art and analyze the dream. What ive been missing so far, is to write down every tiny detail. Thank you so much for reminding me. That is the missing ingredient, i think :smile: Will post here again to report what happens when i start writing down those details and if they lead to LD’s once again.

I’m back into LD’ing now and this time I’m really serious :tongue: I’m trying to increase my awareness in general, but I’m also typing out my dreams in as much detail as possible. I’m actually having lots of fun, I wasn’t expecting that. I guess writing them down on paper bores me quicker.

Anyway, my dream recall is getting better and better and every time I find more detail to register. I’m putting down colors and furniture placement and things like that, that I never did before. I’ve been remembering more taste in my dreams as well. Taste used to be really rare for me. I haven’t gotten lucid due to vividness yet, I think, but just working like this on my DR is increasing my dream awareness, so I am having DILD’s.

Yeah, I also noticed today that I’m getting better at linking together different dream segments. Before many of my dreams were full of holes and I couldn’t remember how I got from A to B. In my Ld4all DJ just in a couple weeks I went from filling 1 or 2 pages to 7 in one night. From 1 or 2 dreams to 4 or 5 :razz:

The thing that really matters is that you actually record your dreams in some way - how you do it isn’t too important, as long as it allows you to recall as much as possible. :smile:

Personally I like to voice record my dreams with my eyes shut, and then I get up and write them down on my computer and print them. :cool:
I don’t like writing by hand that much, so typing and printing from a computer is great.

And yes, writing in your DJ certainly makes your dreams more vivid, because your brain is getting used to seeing details.

Could somebody explain to me how exactly keeping a DJ is going to make your dreams more vivid? When I first read this tutorial I thought it was brilliant, but after rereading it I’m starting to wonder how this all works. This guide is trying to teach us that keeping a DJ increases vividness of your dreams, but it only explains once why that is. Namely:

I just find this all quite hard to understand…? Isn’t it so that the dream itself is always vivid, it’s just your recall that you improve? To me it seems you can only make your memory more vivid and not the dream itself. Having said that, how does that tie in with lucidity?

I guess what I’m trying to say is: does a DJ improve the vividness of the dream itself or the vividness of the memory of the dream?