Violence in Lucid Dreams

ehh i wouldnt say that…people have been caught by the LP’s before, lucid police, they kind of disable your powers, and kick you out of your dream…but if you come back, everythings back to normal :grin:
i have an excuse to hurt DC’s, either they piss me off, or thier evil, and i have quite a number of those, and i like guns, soooooo i guess you can see where this is goin’ :grin:

well if its your dream why would there be lucid police :eh:

Probably the guilt of your SC or something like that.

good point :cool:

i had a ld awhile ago where i chopped off this evil dc’s head…and enjoyed doing it :eek: and i would have said i would never be that violent in my dreams… :confused:

I’ve done some pretty messed up things and the majority of my dreams have at least one violent act in them. It’s been mentioned before. The views are that if you commit the crime over and over in a dream, you’ll be likely to wanna try it in real life. Or the opposing view: It serves as a way to vent these feelings and the person won’t be as tempted to do it in real life.
I really think it’s pretty cathartic. You have a stressful day, have a LD and kill a couple of people, wake up feeling less stressed. Beats breaking stuff in real life. Saves time too.

A lot of people who seriously harm people in LD’s wouldn’t even want to in real life. Sometimes the power rush in a LD can be a huge influence on the person’s state of mind, even if they have complete control. You might get unexpected urges or feelings. I never thought I would ever do anything in a LD where I was in complete control that would ever disturb me, (And I’ve done some pretty damn disturbing stuff.) but two weeks ago I had a LD where I had done something incredibly immoral and man…
I’m a firm believer in that if it’s in your head and you’re not hurting anyone (anyone real anyway) do what you want. It’s your business.
At the same time, I have also come to understand that if you feel the need to constantly cause harm in LD’s, maybe it’s time to take closer look at your life and see what the real issue is. Of course, there may be no issue and you just like the rush. That’s fine too.

I agree with those who say that it’s not necessary immoral to kill or hurt DCs in lucid dreams. If you start to elaborately plan how to hunt down and kill DCs in your lucid dreams during the day, then you might have a problem… :eek:

I can get quite violent in my lucid dreams, but I use it as a safe anger vent, and I only hurt or kill a DC if they provoke me and attack first. If I have a violent lucid dream after a stressful and frustrating day, then I feel a lot calmer and better in the morning.

well i have very frequent lucid dreams and i recently had a very violent and disturbing one.
me and my dad were chasing after a teorist(looked normal) who was giong to murder this lady in cold blood on a feild. me and my dad finally made it to the feild (on 4 metre tall spotted horses) and the scene changed to me the teorrist in what looked like the back of toilet block. what i remember was he was on the ground and had a pocket knife and i was bashing him with my foot. he kept on trying to reach for the knife which was next to his head and i crunched it with my foot breaking it eventually. then i started to stomp very forcefully on his head. all the while with a weird feeling of symphathy and anger and the driving force that i had to kill him beause hes a teorists. after i stomped on him and his face was covered with blood, with one motion i placed my boot on his head and started to very slowly push down with my foot slowly crushing his skull onto the pavement. as it broke beneath the force of my foot, his skull cracked and i completely crushed his skull onto the pavement. i could feel it all the while under my foot.

after that i turned around to my dad and he looked at me with a forced smile and said ‘try not to stomp on his head next time’. for some reason i felt a scense of panic and told myself that he came alive. running to a car out back i got in while my team got in the car my uncle handed me a profile report of the terriost. i realised that i had misinterprated physiological for physiotherapist and a few other things that had lead me to believe that he was a terriost. pannicking i went back to the scene of the crime and found him gone, realising that i didnt want that to happen because i was becoming scared, i refreshed it so he was on the floor but instead of having blood on his face and a crushed skull, he was clean and had a head(:P).

this was my dream, if you took the time to read it i appreaiate it. i can easily brush off other, more violent dreams but this one stayed with me longer and even had myself conviced for some time that it had actually happened. what do you think it means and what would you think if you had this dream???
[/i]:slight_smile: thanks, fissish

Everybody has violent desires inside them, even Gandhi, it is the human nature. When somebody wrongs us, we are all angry and would like to hurt that person in return. But we usually repress those desires and relatively few people are capable of hurting somebody for real. Therefore, it is normal to have violent dreams, we are not releasing the pressure, it is simply our instincts.
As for as murder or extreme violence are concerned, only people lacking empathy can do it. Only psychopaths turn these kind of deadly desires to reality.

In my dreams, lucid or non-lucid, it is often war, people die and I kill people (or zombies).

To be blatantly honest, there really is no point in asking this. It’s all in opinion. If it were me, yeah, I would feel no remorse. My dad and I have a pretty bad relationship, and one night I was walking home (this was in a dream). Well, someone got out of a car, and I was scared so somehow I started using like a harry potter spell of torture, becuase he was just kneeling on the ground in agony, but I didn’t stop. Didn’t really know what was going on, but I still didnt feel bad about it.

I never tried that. sounds fun since your not really hurting anyone (I bet u could use it for stress)