"Wealthy New Lab Aims to Capture Dreams, Literally&quot

I don’t think that you should decide for anyone else if their dreams are for themselves or the world. I also don’t think that you should decide whether or not dreams were meant to be recorded? I mean, why should dreams NOT be recorded. Why not simply stop building cities, or computers, or why not just kill ourselves? Who’s to say that WE were meant to exist?

My point is that it is a individuals choice whether he or she should be able to share their dreams, and I don’t think that you, or anyone else, has the right to tell them that they can’t or to stop development in such technology. Why do you get to choose what people do to themselves? It’s THEIR choice.

that is a lot of money.
couldnt they cure cancer instead?

i would like it, help me with my dream recall, and i could post uber-cool lucid dreams on the net.
I am lazy, i dont like to write out my dreams, if i could watch them to boost recall, that would be very helpful.
Heh i doubt any commercial version will be available or affordable within my lifetime. (assuming they figure the thing out)

c’est la vie

Heh heh, quite a good point :smile:
Neuroscience is great but I suppose we do have bigger fish to fry before we get to something like recording dreams, so I agree with you :smile:

If you look at the bigger picture (mind/body link) then this device may well be a tool to help cure cancer … from a psychological viewpoint, it may be an exciting tool to help diagnose neurosies, or work out better interventions for patients.

So many applications… :tempted:

Well, there’s probably enough funding to go around.
The thing is people are probably going to be more interested in getting cancer cured or something like that, because Lucid Dreaming isn’t as popular with the general public as topics like Cancer, AIDS, etc.
My opinion anyways :smile:

Well… thats only because the applications of lucid dreaming have not yet been fully understood by the wider community.

And in the end, if they could invent a drug that if you took before you went to sleep, then you would lucid dream for that night only…

That way the drug companies would still get their fill… and this is what will probably happen in the future.

isn’t that what shrooms and acid are for?

I cannot think of any drug that would induce lucidity… or rather none that have increased any levels i have had in lucidity.
I think the only way to possible achieve any level of lucidity
without actually working for it is through hypnosis.
but then again i am not pharmocologist. (is that a word? if it isn’t it should be.)

MAC

sisokogotai,
There have been studies that have proven that LSD will increase your REM5 period up to 500% and almost guarantee a lucid dream. Check out the forum at lucidity.com about psychoactive drugs and dreams.

Ah, i see… thank you for bringing that up, i will check it out/

MAC

When I found out about this discovery, it really made me consider the alternatives to LSD since the drug is far too unstable to consume. A similar hallucinogen that was safe without the long-term effects of LSD would be ideal for research as a supplement to technology systems for assisting induction of lucidity.

How funny to read it while lds are said to be alternative to lsd.Intriguing though.