What method do you use?

So I’ve recently gotten back into LDing and would like to finally achieve regular lucid dreams this summer. Last night I decided to try a combined DEILD and FILD, where I would try to do DEILD and if I didn’t remember not to move I’d try FILD. This being my first time, I did fail on the DEILD, and I was too awake for FILD, but now I know where to improve and I’m confident I’ll have some success in the near future.
Anyway, my question is, what have you found is the best method for you. So far my only LDs have been with DILD, and I haven’t had much control, but I would like to try the more active types of induction. What is your favorite method or methods, and if possible could you link me to a good guide on it?
Thanks!

The best guides is right here on LD4All, thought me almost everything I know about LD:ing. just scour the forum for info, for example in the “quest for lucidity” section?

https://community.ld4all.com/t/tutorial-beginners-guide-to-lucid-dreaming/32036

this is a good starter!

I’d say I’m a natural DILD’er. However, I was once in the process of DEILD I got freaked out that scarier hallucinations would come, so I snapped out of it. DEILD’s are very rare for me unless I wake up from another lucid dream and remember not to move. It takes lot’s of training, so I’m sticking with DILD/RCILD’s.
This is what I do, and it worked just fine. In the month of april, I got 7 LD’s in the timespan of 14 days.

1. Write in your dream journal daily.
  2. Reality check and question reality several times daily.
  3. Think about your dream signs. ( Mine is tornadoes, school dreams, making art in dreams etc. )
  4. Try and incorporate these dream signs before sleep into your thoughts. Example: Before bed, I watched videos about tornadoes and I had a dream about them and became lucid. I also watched a speedpaint of a drawing and had a dream about art.
  5. Try WBTB to improve dream recall or to achieve a lucid dream.
    These are all very basic steps that can help get you a DILD and they really aren’t that hard. I like waking up in the middle of the nights anyways to go on my laptop, so this is for me.
    As above said, there are many guides and just experiment to what suits you and your time schedule.

Cheers!

Ive only been LD-ing for a month. I have had maybe 6 LDs so far, and based on my limited experience, I prefer the WILD method. My success rate isn’t that great, but the couple times I succeeded WILD, the dreams were so realistic!

I try for DILD every night but I never can get my logical centers to figure it out, and the couple DILDs I’ve had have been more ‘dreamy’ and less controlled.

So WILD is the way to go for me because I can see the difference in the dream quality.