What should i do to get lucid...

Hi my names Liam and i live in the UK.

Im fairly new here. Ive been trying to Lucid dream for about 3-4 months. I have tried lots of stuff(WILD,Crystals,Gem stones and some other techniques), but i have only had 2 very short lucid dreams which happend naturly. I dont want to wake up in the middle of the night but i realy want to lucid dream.

Have you any advice for me,or any thing which can help.Thanks for reading this.

p.s i have stones like moonstone, lapis lazuli and danburite.

oh my god I feel the exact same way… and have the same name. Weird… maybe all people named liam don’t like getting up in the middle of the night?

Perhaps try Genkai’s Sigil-induced LDing method - people have found success with it, and the thread is somewhere in the pathways to lucidity sub-forum, I think…

@liam_sw:
Welcome to the forum!

WBTB and keeping a dream journal are by far the most effective techniques to pursue if you are starting out with LDing. (That’s my advice.)

And you don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night. Early in the morning (2-3 hrs before you would usually get up) is fine for WBTB.

Well, and if that still is in the middle of the night, you should consider staying up longer and sleeping late! :mrgreen_hat:

Good luck! :smile:

actually why not just do lots of reality checks? Sure, they’re annoying, but they ge the job done, right?

I find RCs incredibly pointless because I can’t even consciously think in a dream. I’m just floating along to a script ALL THE TIME. I’ve had about three LDs, and it was quite coincidental that I had them. Partly due to watching A Waking Life.

Much appreciated, Li.

I say that your best bet might be a combination of VILD and MILD, but I think FILD might suit you even better. It’s a bit easier than WILD. :content:

Wow thanks for all the tips ill try some, you are so friendy :content:. Its ood last night i had a moonstone under my pillow and i woke up in the middle of the night(the previous nighti had just learnd about HILD or whatever it is) i was so tired so i decided to try HILD( the one where you press your fingers on the bed then do a RC) and to my supprise ,i could breath through my nose even though i was holding it. I became lucid and did everything under the sun to increase my lucidness. I went out side(it was snowing) and for a while i started jumping realy high.I talked to my sister but i soon woke up. The odd thing is my sister dreamed about snow to.

Li10 seeing your a Liam you should try HILD :tongue:

Anyway thanks for your help :smile:

Maybe you had a shared dream with your sister? Maybe just a coincidence (spell check?)

Argh that was like my first ever post :tongue:.

Oh and Jake i wrote about the SD with my sister here…

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … highlight=