what stage is this considered as?

usually i do this when i go to bed(its been working okay for recall)

1. Do the breathing exercise where i breath, tense my feet, release, untense feet, up to my head. Its pretty cool because when i reach my head its like i become closer to my mind.

2. After this i just breath deep, and i count each breath going “1 - im going to remember my dream, 2 - im going to remember my dream, etc.”

Anyways, after this for a while sometimes ill get a short sort of shaking feeling in my mind for about 3 seconds, its as if the worlds shaking but only my eyes are moving with the shaking. I wouldnt consider it a vibration but basically what im asking is : How close is this stage to the point where i see HI(is that the right term for basically “dream images” and you sort of “jump” into one and become lucid?)

PS: hope this wasn’t too vague, ask a question if you need to, i’ll try to answer.

seems like REM?

not sure though

Well, you may not have any HI (Hypnagogic Imagery) at all! Some people (like me) only gets the vibrations, but then you must stay calm, think of nothing and try to imagine a dream scene. Ignore strange feelings, just keep focusing. If you lose your focus, try a variation with the Suneye:
[url]The BIG Suneye Topic - part II]

I’m far from an expert, so it might not work, but it’s worth trying :wink:

Agree with Lucid Viking, the WILD process depends on the person. Some people see IH, some just hear noises, others just feel the vibrations.