What to ask a DC / your SC

You still have a subconsious when you are awake but there is no dreamcharacter. A cat is an animal but a animal is not always a cat.

You can ask a DC a question and try to get a reaction of your subconsious :smile: But you can also move a DC with you consious (Is that the right word? :tongue:)

You could ask:

• Do I really like (insert name) or do I just pretend I like him?

Isn’t it a little weird to ask your SC for it’s name? I mean, You are your subconsious as well as your conscious mind. Isn’t it like asking “what’s my name?” It could still be interesting to hear the answer. Your given name might not be what you subconsciously call yourself.
I think it’s important to remember that you are not two separate people in the same brain. when you ask “the subconscious” a question you make it into a person, because you have to ask a question to a person. But it’s not a person, it’s just you. Not that you are not a person, just, your subconscious is you.
This is why you can ask any DC a question to the subconscious and the answer, provided it is not controlled by you consciously, will be an answer from the subconscious/unconscious. Since it is you, it is always “present”.

Thats a good one! Creative and meaningful.

I would ask:
What are my weaknesses?
How can I better myself in them?
Tell me a story of my childhood I don’t remember.

I really like the last one

Juanelm i think you’ve made a mistake with the quoting. It is a very nice question, but unfortunately it wasn’t me that suggested it :smile: Corrected it :sandra:

Here comes a small questioning:
How can someone be so sure that the answer that he will get from a DC will be a reliabe one? It could be just a random message/thought, not something deserving to hear.
It would be interesting someone to ask the same question multiple times in different lucid dreamings, to check if the answers will be the same.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/this-is-actuly-a-really-good-idea/26878

yea thats right im full of awesome ideas

To my SC:
What are the complete and precise reasons why my first girlfriend left me?
(that happened quite a while ago but I still want to know… okay, I understand better by time, but I planned to ask my SC in a LD since then and still I was not able to do this)

i don’t really think a DC could answer that question truthfully it will most likely be some reason you are thinking of at the moment … :neutral:

SPOILER - Click to view

Post Nr.450 :twirl:, hope you have no prob with this moogle…The GAME

I agree with Krakatoa’s explanation. It makes perfect sense. I’ve only had one LD but I went straight into it with the aim of finding my fear of failure. I didn’t find it, but I did find other manifestations of my SC in the search. One found me and started shoving me. He wouldn’t answer my questions, when I aked him who he is and how I can appease him, but I got the answers instinctually and sorted him out.

If i killed you would my mind die??
can i kill other people through dreams like freddy
well thats pretty much all

I’d try to convince it that lucid dreaming on a regular basis would greatly benefit us (not just me) and ask it for lucid dreams every night.

If your aware that DCs exist, then they do!

I would simply ask if it is possible to help me change myself for the better.

heres one!
“Is photographic memory possible? Can you unlock it for me?” i’m guessing you’d have to convince it of the benefits.

Did you get the answer to number four?

How many fingers am I holding up?

Pin trap with a green? (I just think it would generate an inateresting reply)

Can you take me to your favorite place?

Who are you!?

Can you help me become Lucid every night?
Can you help me have a VERY long dream?
Should I (insert personal question here)?
Could I somehow meet you in RL?

Sorry, this may not be the best place to post it, but how do you meet your DC in the first place? Could someone show me a link to the topic on here (I tried looking but couldn’t find it)

Dream Character is just a person/animal in your dream :wink: .

“Would you take a picture of me?”

A dream character is the first person you see the moment after you become lucid in a dream. Unfortunately for me, they are incorrigible, uncooperative and just plain ugly when I try to engage them in conversation.

I’ve finally decided the best thing to ask them is, “Can you tell me about your life, and what you really care about?”

Then they talk a blue streak…

Heh heh, oops. I was thinking Dream Guide or something like that…