Which music do you like the most?

Holy crap… I’ve got loads of tracks he made, and stuff of him featuring Fat Jon, well, its all Samurai Champloo OSTs, but it still counts right :happy: ?

Maaan, i couldn’t live long without music… :tongue:

Mysdrim, i’m also a big fan of Sigur Ros, i can’t get enough of Saeglopur, and Hoppippola since a few days… :content:

Cool :content:

People look at me like if I were an alien when I talk about this group . It’s cool to see that somebody else know them ! :grin:

John Frusciante :smile: The Mars Volta, Yes, King Crimson, Radiohead, At The Drive in, Red Hot Chili Peppers.

:ok:

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. I like rock, punk, and I also like celtic music. I like Enya, Loreena Mckennitt, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, The Gathering, Tristania.

But my favorite type of music has to be Symphonic Metal. My favorite band of all time is from Norway, they’re called Leaves’ Eyes (not sure if anyone’s ever heard of them). I saw them in concert a few months ago when they came to Toronto. They were amazing live. Liv (the lead singer) is an awesome singer, her voice is almost opera-ish!
(And I even got to meet the band :happy: )

hey yah I’ve been listening to Sigur Ros lately mostly right as im falling asleep, they’re great

arcade fire is pretty good too

Enya and Loreena McKennitt ! They are great singers, I really like them. I like strange musics, this kind who makes you travel in your imagination !
About the Gathering I only know the piano version of the song “Broken glass”.

:content: My favorite album is () it’s all great. Original name () for an album, but it’s a name which goes well with their music !

yah sometimes people call that album >() “Parenthesis” or “Sausages”

did you see the music video for Untitled Track #1 (“Vaka”) on that album? its pretty cool how it comes with that 12-page booklet of blank pages…so as you can write or draw you’re own meaning to the lyrics or w/e…

Rock and Hiphop all the way (Hiphop: NER*D/Pharell, Fort Minor etc, Rock: Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix)

I did not see the music video but the booklet is also original yes :content:

I’m mostly into Rock, Techno, Trance, Pop, New Age and some classical, oldies (Elvis Presely… ^^), and Game OSTs. (Official SoundTracks)

Depends on my mood. Techno and smooth jazz is good to sleep to, classical is easy to study to, rock is cool at times, too. I listen to all music, and it’s hard to just pinpoint one specific favorite. Though, I do take particularly to underground and old school hip hop; not mainstream, I mean the real music that has substance.

It’s funny, too, because the media will play “gangsta” rap and all this “I kill ya momma, eat ya children, I got money, I got cars, slap deez b******,” and show the negative of hip hop culture, the negative of Afro-Americans, but they won’t play the rap that speaks the truth, and if they do it’s but a scattered few who aren’t played enough, who drop from the scene too quickly, or are criticized by the media. Kanye West is one of these examples.

Nonetheless, I like all other forms of music but the mainstream rap among other things.

re: Kanye, it is quite remarkable for a mainstream artist to rap something like “I know the government administer AIDS so I guess we gotta pray like the ministers say” and not have it censored or whatever. I’ve always thought Kanye is an interesting mid-ground between the mainstream and the underground. Apparently one of the few underground artists he rates highly is MF DOOM so maybe they’ll have a collaboration project sometime. Would be interesting.

funkadelic and acid rock…and The Mars Volta, which dont have a specific genre…then of course theres the easy listening music which is also great ^^

Lebowsk1: That would be interesting. And yes, I’ll agree, he is on that mid-ground level–quite interesting. Kanye definately goes up on my bedroom wall along with Aaron McGruder, Malcom X, Eminem, and others.

It’s time for people to open their minds and find what truly lies await for mankind if we don’t change our ways in these wicked times…

I like loads of different music: Rock, metal, country, ambient etc. Basically the only thing I can’t stand is techno/dance. Some of my favourite groups/artists include Aeromith, Enya, Manowar, Sonata Arctica, Era, Bruce Springsteen, REM, Rod Steward, Vinnie Moore… Also I like music from movies and video games, for example the music from the LOTR movies or the Final Fantasy series of video games.

:music: I think techno is cool, too. DJ Tiesto is awesome! And, DJ Shadow’s “Organ Donor” is one of my favs to breakdance to :boogie:.

Flying Steps is cool. That fast-paced beat on “In da Arena” is nice :content:.

Hm…rock, romantic otherwordly stuff, techno, house, and dance.

Hi everyone :smile: ! i was wondering what kind of music you guys listen to, who are your favorite music artists are and why?

The question is:

What are your favorite genres of music? Hmmmm?

I suppose I like a large variety of music, from old school rock to 70’s discos…:tongue:

Let’s see, but the list goes on and on besides that. :content: For some reason techno music is interesting to, just because it’s fun to dance to. Or :uh: in that case, anything that has a good beat or melody, it has to be memmorable.