Why are dreams important to YOU?

Well? Ok I`ll start.

Dreams are important to me, because i love dream-logic, and how vivid and moving they can be. I also like how they are important in discovering things about myself. Dreams inspire me, and even sometimes i take something out of a dream, some image or song, and make it IRL.

Why are dreams important to you?

I agree with you Dandelion. Dreams are often very inspiring and fun. Not only that, they help make me happier and releave so stress. Also, why waste the night away sleeping. Be lucid and have fun instead! :colgate:

I love them because they always make so much sense - I can’t believe my brain (ME! The girl who nothing weird ever happens to in real life!) comes up with this stuff! I feel often like I’m watching/reading/taking part in a masterpiece adventure and I should be paying fan homage to the author. Then I do a doublecheck and realise it’s just me. I never get used to that.

dreams are important to me because I wat to learn lucid dreaming, and because my normal dreams are sometimes very exiting and fun.

Dreams are important to me because they are fun while seemingly real, and i never realised just how amazeing it is to see a world you created on paper in a dream. They also give me inspiration for writing.

Dreams are important to me because they keep me sane, without them I would become exhausted, mentally fatigued and my mental health would deteriorate rapidly due to the lack of REM sleep. :tongue:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say they are important to me in most cases, they are fun and enjoyable and a good way to escape reality and do things I otherwise couldn’t in waking life.

In one way they are important to me is they have inspired both a plot outline for two novels I am writing, but also some of the main characters in one of them.

Dreams are fun to me, and that’s it. No more and no less.

I feel that I can learn a lot of things from dreams, and of course, I love the fun factor too. :grin:

Weird - for me it’s the opposite - I’m fascinated by them because they don’t usually make sense - they are like chaotically epic fantasy stories by my dream. And also because of their subtle links with reality - for example, you might spend 8 or so hours in a day doing a thing, then you experience another thing for a few seconds - and that night, you dream of the thing you experienced for a few seconds, or of something related to it.

Because of Escapism™, if I could LD.

I like the fact that I often can find excerpts from my daily life in my dreams.
I like that dreams can surprise me, even though “I” make them.
I like them because they’re fun (especially nightmares bwahahah) :tongue:

And probably a bunch of other reasons I just can’t think of right now :hmmm:

Read my post here to see why dreams are important to me:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/my-real-reason-for-lucid-dreaming/22290

Dreams are important to me because I see them as the last true art form, not guided by media, money, or others expectations. they harbor the soul of the artist (aka dreamer) in every glimpse of landscape and every sound of sweet music that echos unto your ear. Dreams offer a temporary oasis from the sometimes plodding pace of our prosaic life. They offer refuge from the scorching heat of stress under the the cool waters of unbridled creativity. Dreams offer me greater knowledge of myself because when looking at every dream scene, and character within I see that everything from the near impassible rocky cliffs, to the climber ready to risk his own life for just one brief moment with his dreamy (pun intended) lover on the other side.

edited for capitals