Why do we lucid dream?

The Great “FALL” is exactly that. Our “FALL” from perfection. Our “FALL” from grace (conscience (Right vs Wrong) not to be confused with conscious). The “FALL” of the seasons (Spring through Winter). The “FALL” of Night (Sun vs Moon).

*Lucidity is amazing, and I can very much believe it is our most natural state of being. No outside influences, utter control. It is the escape and control I feel as if people are longing for. Filling that “inner void”, so to speak.

We PLAY God

If EINSTEIN was right. Light controls gravity. The whole [Relativity Theory] summed up. Issac Newton was wrong. So it makes senses. That at night, behind the black safety of our “eyelids”, we can control light. We can bend it into our own constructed reality (i.e. dreams).

*Health, I believe, plays a vital role in all of this. Food, Water, & Air we can all agree upon as being the most vital parts to life. So why do we keep messing with it, as the human race. In order to obtain consciousness while I asleep I would imagine a person needs to be at peak physical condition. After all, why wouldn’t our body have to be healthy in both stages of consciousness.

Everything comes back to one solid point. We have fallen from grace (right and wrong) and the purpose of life lies in that statement. We are to try to fix it. On a personal level. And try to put forth the effort on the global front. As well as produce offspring of our own, instilling the knowledge that we have gained as we raise them. Get away from the clutter of life and enjoy the magic.

Life’s a Trip. Lose the Luggage

i think it falls in the same category as death ,life , and all the big ?s that noone can answer…in the end you come up with a theory or something that tears apart a little area in you mind bc in the end or deep down you realize that you are basing your whole life or idea on the faith that you have in yourself…were not perfect so find peace in not knowing…:basically no human is perfect so i will never put 100 % of my faith in their OR My words or ideas so why sould you" :smile: the hardest thing to admit in life is that sometimes you are 100% right and 100% wrong lol love

We lucid dream because we are explorers. Always searching, and learning.

to be in a world

and to explore it

so lucrative

the knowledge gained, in learning dream by dream
how the scenes are formed into our awareness

how the thoughts govern the process which manifests as a reality before us

you are not quite the same, if you find yourself conscious in a dream of knowledge, the kind of dream that humbles you, perhaps, makes you choose to wake up.

I usually think scientifically. I mean, look at anything around you, most of these things are scientifically explained. But then, there’s lucid dreaming…
I don’t think lucid dreaming is a coincidence, i think it is too perfect to be one.
Like mattias, I have a gut feeling lucid dreaming is connected to something big. Ok, this is only a theory: Perhaps lucid dreaming is a ‘minimized’ version of attaining nirvana? Or rather, perhaps gaining lucidity in a dream is a sleep, temporary version of attaining nirvana? I mean, the two things: lucid dreaming, and attaining nirvana, both have the same concept of ‘awakening’. In both cases, what follows is freedom:

• To do what we want (lucid dreaming)
  • From suffering (nirvana)
    It is really complicated to explain this, especially for me (13 year old, french), but I hope you understand.
    But for the moment, I think lucid dreaming is simply the result of hunger for freedom from our hard everyday lives (I still have many ‘gut feelings’, though…)

What I hope to use it for, escape reality. Some place where things go how I want it, and I don’t have to worry about anything.

All of the above :razz:

(to the author of this thread)

Why do you continuously use the term “lucid” as an adverb? You can say “I had a lucid dream” or you can say “I lucidly dreamed” but you cannot say “I lucid dreamed”.

I don’t mean to make a big deal, but it’s a terrible grammatical mistake that you made several times, and other people make lots of times to. I don’t get it.

I hope there’s nothing wrong with posting here than at that link you put, Moogle. :wink: That thread’s kinda dead (>1mth old)

1 month old is not dead! The DJ forum is for dreams not to duplicate an existing discussion elsewhere. *moved to the discussion thread from maggie’s DJ * :moogle:
(Opps, sorry, I didn’t realise that that was his DJ :shy: )

I’m a “sciency” person. But I’m not gonna talk about lucid dreaming philosophically. This would be what lucid dreaming has meant to me personally.

When I first started, it was more of just a break-free from reality. I decided to try flying, and since then, in just about every lucid dream, I attempt to fly. I realised that the more I practiced, the higher I could go, and do more things. It seemed that even imagination needed some practice. I also began to notice things about the dreamscape, like the inconsistency of what’s behind you.

I basically began to realise what the character of dreams are like, the properties of it so to speak. And since then, that was what kept me going… to explore the world of dreams. I’ve also come to realise that some dreams have much meaning in them. Certain dreams indicate to me my feelings regarding certain situations, my fears, likes and dislikes. Some tell me what I live for, and make me go through certain questions in my head. For instance, death. Not all of these are lucid dreams, but lucid dreaming has made me more aware of the subtext of even normal dreams.

As for lucid dreams themselves, so far, the best I’ve gotten out of it is knowing my impression of a person is. I’ve tried to call my friends into my dreams before, and am well aware that they’re entirely made from my mind. So how they react to me tells me a great deal of how much I know them. I also call objects in, and it takes some willpower and intent to do so, thus teaching me the importance of believing in oneself.

I have a belief that when we are lucid dreaming, the conscious mind and unconscious mind comes together. That’s what makes lucid dreaming feel so incredible, so magical. And I also believe it’s the best door to your inner self.

Why? Because we can, given enough time humans will get around to doing absolutely everything they are capable of, from the mundane to the extraordinary to the terrifying. If it can be done someone somewhere will do it, it’s as simple as that. Why you do it is for your own reasons. For me, it’s more to see if I can. If I can gain greater discipline over my mind and body what else can I do in time? That and the potential for discovery that there is. A better question is how did we discover it? Most things are only invented at one point in time, so who was the first person to go lucid? Or, why doesn’t everyone?

Castenada muses that wizards invented dreaming,

one question, maybe lucidity always was, always always, until man came to live contrary to the natural rhythms of nature ?

one must question whether his books are fiction or real, as i have heard both ,

I guess that is what he was saying about life in general!

reffering to the first post in this topic,
i think questions like these cannot be reasoned out. there is a formidable barrier beyond which the reason cannot penetrate. we can understand paranormal subjects only through paranormal experience but not through discussion and arguements. reason is agnostic, it says " i dont know either yea or nay".

Very excellent question, and very intelligent opinions… I wanna know why not everyone experiences it. I want to know what we all have in common besides interest in dreams that gives us the power to lucid.

commonly we reach, deliberately or not, an instant of silence in which the intention of dreaming seeps in.

all kinds of ways are sought, elaborated, devised to reach that instant; and when one does, then the hunt to stretch that instant is sought, elaborated, devised.

why.
hopefully the quest for lucidity is, commonly also, beyond reason rather than an escape into decadent phantasmagorical delerium.

For me, lucid dreaming is just a fun spark of randomness and adventure to enjoy in a rather mundane life.

I keep a journal–not necessarily a dream journal, but the past several days it has been filled with nearly nothing but dreams because my nighttime adventures are far more fun to write about than the daily grind.

I believe that we lucid dream because we want full control. Control in real life is a mere illusion. After all, we can’t change our hair from white to black or make a peach tree grow out of an apple seed. That is why we want to lucid dream. As for why we lucid dream, that question is very difficult to answer :confused: . I really have no good answer for that…