WILD - I'm I just being silly?

2nd thread of the day… oops :hide:

Ok so this has been bothering me for a while, after hearing multiple stories about sleep paralysis i always refrain from trying WILD as I’m afraid that sleeping on my back will induce SP, although im certain i could achieve the hypnagogic imagery whilst on my back as that’s when i am most relaxed.

Is there some sane to this or im i being a paranoid pooper?

Well, i am currently trying WILD when i wake up (combined with some AC’s when i am up). I was afraid at first too because SP scared me…but i arrived to the conclusion that i might piss my pants once, but the second time it will be a LD. So far i haven’t succeded WILD or SP but still… the ideea i am trying to transmit here is don’t be afraid, even if you do get scared, it will only happen once, the next time you will have a LD, it is worth it man, get scared once and than learn how to LD, or you might not get scared at all. (i didn’t had LD, but i had a dream about SP and i expected it to be more scary, i barely was scared). I hope you got my message, try man, don’t be afraid, and if you are, get over it.

There is no need to be afraid of sleep paralysis or hypnagogic hallucinations. They cannot hurt you and they are usually not that bad. Try reading this FAQ specifically about the fear of SP.