Would you ever have thought?

I didn’t mean that a leader should be a comedian :content:! Just that he shouldn’t be a stiff, over dramatic fool, who tries to look like a hero by reading speeches that have big and noble words in them. That’s especially the case with Americans, noble words sound terrible in the American accent.
I basically tried to say that a good leader can make a good joke if required as well as understand one, among other things. And that humor is important.

Being a leader requires more than a wide vocabulary, although it is required as well.

There’s a big difference between respect of a leader and loyalty towards a leader. Calling Bush a “dumb ■■■■” all the time shows little respect and no loyalty, while saying that you shouldn’t call the President a “dumb ■■■■” just shows respect.

In any case, I wonder what the historical perspective of Bush is going to be. It looks pretty bad right now, I know, but still, Truman only had a 20% approval rating by the time he left office. Truman is regarded as in the top ten best presidents. Perhaps the same will be said about Bush, who knows?

We will not be the critics of that, the next generation of historians will be though!!
Bush has handled tough times in a way that most others would fail. Not extremely well, but after all, our country did elect him, didn’t we?
Besides, I blame congress, not the president. Presidents take all the hits nowadays. :sad:

Exactly!
And Aks, I get what you mean now. :wink: