Wow... I think I did it

Ok, I think I did it this morning using MILD. Here’s what happened:

I was in the computer room at the summre camp I worked at using one of the back computers with a group of about 3rd grade girls. I look over to one of the computers and it is on Candyland, which is normal since it’s a popular computer game there. However, I noticed on the bottom of the screen it said “224, the death of Steven Speilberg”. I found it weird and random for the game but I over looked it, as I would in a normal dream. Then, I went up to the front of the room, where somebody had a question. Somehow, the girl got my bosses nametags and asked me which of the 2 had her correct spelling. I didn’t know so I asked my boss, she said she would take care of it So I went back to my computer and sat down. At that point suddenly started to wonder if I was dreaming. I looked at my hands and noticed my left index finger was a little blurry( I read that could happen in this forum the night before). Then I sarted to think about out of the ordinary things, thinking of the Steven Speiberg thing. After that, I counted my fingers. I had 5 on my left hand. THen I counted my right hand and I had 6! After that I rememberedone more important thing. I FINISHED WORKING AT A WEEK AGO! |) So at that point I relized I was dreaming. When I looked up, My computer and the other 2 on the table were gone, but there was a camera case on the side of the table. At that point a took a second to notice how realistic everything was. I decided the first thing I would do was take a Lucidity pill to make sure I have another LD. Unfortunately, I was afraid to try to materialize it or do anything since I was afraid I would wake up. I panicked so much everything went blank, I opened my eyes and I was back in my bed, awake. :`( .

Now, I have a few questions:

1: Does this count as an LD?
2: Would a Lucidity Pill really work well?
3: How do I prolonfg the LD for next time?
4: Wil having an LD make it easier next I want to get one?

Since you said “I realized I was dreaming” I would say it is a Lucid Dream. Congratulations :content:
A lucidity pill will work when you believe it will work. In that case it’s actually some sort of autosuggestion in your Lucid Dream.

If you are almost waking up you could try to rub your hands, spin around or touch the floor. The point is that you are feeling it. As soon as none of the senses are left in the dream you concentrate on the outside world and therefore you will wake up. If you rub your hands for example, your touch will still be in the dream and therefore you can stay in the dream.

There is no garantuee you will get another lucid dream soon, now you experienced one. For most people the time between the first LD and the second LD is shorter than the time between the first LD and the day you started trying to LD. Yet there are always exceptions, and nothing is sure.

What is a Lucidity Pill? :razz:

Say let me take a Luidity Pill and take it out of your pocket. Then say when I take it I can ____

Well, to my understanding, a lucidity pill is just a placebo effect that can be used by lucid dreamers to accomplish tasks such as more lucid dreams, better recall, certain abilities, etcetera. Just remember that it will only work if you really believe in it. :wink:

It’s not a real pill, its a pill you take WHILE DREAMING. It’s way to formalize your intent. Some people prefer to simply say “Increase Lucidity” or something similar.

Don’t trust those Internet ads you see for Lucidity Pills, that’s something completely different.

I hope it takes less time since it took me over a year to get my forst one |) . Anyway, Thanks, I’ll keep trying

If you’d like, theres a whole thread about it you can read. Ive only tried the pill once, but it sure worked for me!

Link = https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-lucid-pill/16931

I didn’t want to bump an old topic but I thought it would better than making a new one and I mjust wanted to ask a question.

Can you forget a LD just as easily as as ND? I’m pretty sure I had one last night, but all I remember is waking up thinking about the fact that I had one.

P.S. If Idid have one, I seem to remember trying to get a Lucidity Pill again(out of my pocket this time) and once again losing control. :frowning:

i think so, esp. if u hav a low level of lucidity. lucid dreams, i think, are not really much different from normal dreams, except that your perspective is different.

it sounds like by being afraid of something, u caused it too happen :-P. i think u are a bit too nervous, as well as doubtful. relax, and remember that it’s a dream and u can do whatever u want, and something like a pill appearing out of thin air isn’t weird at all. the computers disappeared out of thin air, didn’t they? so why can’t a pill just appear in the same manner? it’s like in the Matrix; your degree of ability is directly based of your degree of acceptance that the given environment is not physical and therefore is not limited to physical bounds, or the laws of physics.
in other words, the extent to which u believe u can do something is the extent to which u can do it.