Your Dreamscape?

To a certain extent, everyone is attached to their dreamescape, but we must acheive a higher level of it. To the extent that you feel sad when you aren’t dreaming. This of course is boarder line whacko, but hey it’s worth it isn’t it? :roll:

Hah! :cool_laugh:

Indeed it is worth it, Zaerus.

18 hours of sleep each night, waking occasionally to eat and attend other necessary activities. Hell, sounds good to me :smile:

Oy mate, I’ll toke to that :cool:

:beer:

If anyone is looking for an interesting dreamscape to visit, perhaps they can help me out. Does anyone know the work of artist M. C. Escher? He drew, amoungst other things, some pretty improbable architicture - things like neverending flights of stairs that ascend to their own begining… in an etching called ‘Relativity’, from 1953, faceless people are moving about in a crazy building where walls, floors, and ceilings are all interchangeable. This is my favourite of his pictures, and I really want to try to visit this impossible physical space in a lucid dream…but alas, I am still getting to grips with simply having lucid dreams, let alone directing them whichever way I please. One day I’ll get there, but in the mean time if anyone who is more experienced wants to try to visit the place depicted in ‘Relativity’, or any other Esher drawing, I’d be hugely interested to hear about what you find. His drawings work because of 2D optical tricks, and I’d love to know what the subconcious mind would come up with in trying to translate them to a 3D dreamscape…

This isn’t the kind of thread some one who hasn’t obtained consistant lucidity should be writing on. For tips on how to do so check elsewhere. Not trying to bash on you or anything, but, you know.

Geesh Zaerus! :neutral: That was rude. Did you read his post? He asked if someone here could visit a M. C. Escher type dreamscape and reply with how the dreamscape looks.

If you have “consistant lucidity” why don’t you take up the challenge and share with us a LD from a M.C. Escher painting? It would certainly be interesting. I also like Escher’s drawings but I’ve never visited a dreamscape that looked like one.

I would also like to know the answer to:
“His drawings work because of 2D optical tricks, and I’d love to know what the subconcious mind would come up with in trying to translate them to a 3D dreamscape…”

Why don’t a pro like yourself try such an interesting and yet almost impossible suggestion for a dreamscape.

Who is better to ask than the pros. I think this is the perfect thread for their post.

Cheers DreamAddict, no cheers Zaerus. Thinking that it is always better to add onto a thread rather than start a new one, I spent a while looking for somewhere that my post might be relevant, and this was the thread I decided on. I’ll just start a new topic next time and be done with it.

While the challenge you have offered me would be something fresh for me to try, I’ll decline. And as for calling me a “pro”, I think natural would be better suited to me. A pro is someone who has earned their skill. I have always had mine. I don’t think it’s fair to the real pros to call me one, am I right? :confused: And as I said, I had no intentions of sounding rude. But, none the less, if that’s how my post was percieved, then I extend to you, thefool my sincere apologies. Although, it would be interesting to use my art to…nah q=

better incentive for the fool to practice for LDs himself.
It’s better anyways to experience first hand than to read a description.