How do you "spawn" things into existance/make thin

I’m starting to have more and more vivid lucids, but they feel too much like real life. Like TOO MUCH lol. I try to get things to appear in front of me, like doors to certain places, or people/ objects and whatnot but nothing ever happens…what techniques do you use?

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

I personally don’t have very much control yet either, so I know what you mean. Something that really helps me is to imagine the place/object/person is in a place I can’t see it/him/her and then go to that place.

For example, if I wanted to get out a lucid pill, I would say to myself, “When I reach into my pocket I’ll find a lucid pill.” I’d reach into my pocket and then voila; the lucid pill is in my pocket.

If you want to see a person, you might try saying, “When I turn around, I’ll see [blank].” Turn around and see if he/she is there.

This works with whole scenes, too. You can just imagine that whenever you open a door your dream scene will be on the other side.

Those are the tricks I know. Until you get really good control you’ll prolly have to use such tricks in order to make things appear. But, in any case, I hope this helped.

Good luck. :smile:

helpful, thanks. ive tried that exact example of saying a certain person will be behind me, then i turn around and nobodys there. :sad:

and last night i even asked a DC for a lucid pill and he said something like “we don’t have that magic here” haha like okay dude jeez

Hehe, that’s kinda funny…

But, one thing about that method is that you really have to believe that whatever you want to be there, will be there. It’s all about telling yourself something is true that you know somewhere deep down inside you is impossible. The way to succeed at that type of method is to minimize that part of you that denies your attempts. You really really have to believe in your statements. That’s all I can advise in terms of autosuggestion.

It seems to be a common problem. More control seems to come more easily the less realistic a LD is. This is because it’s easier to change your expectations to something unrealistic when your atmosphere proves than everything isn’t real. When your atmosphere appears to be extremely realistic, your mind goes into expecting realistic situations.
To help yourself out, you can go expecting more realistic things. For instance, something can appear behind a door because someone came and put something there. You can fly because in this dream world, gravity is reversed. Give yourself reasons.
Just keep stretching the limits of your expectations until you feel confident enough to be able to do something because it’s a dream.

great, thanks for the help

I also kind of have the same problem, i usually just say what i want out loud. like one time, i had a gun but there was no ammo in it so i shouted in the dream “I want some more ammo!” and when I looked behind me … it was there hahaha! but when i want a change of scenery that door trick doesnt seem to be working for me. hope this helps.

I´m not going to ask who you intended to shoot :content:
But interesting tricks…

For me its just either to turn around or pull things out of my pocket :razz:

I dont know, its just that way I do it and it works for me :cool_laugh:

I have a problem spawning (I feel like a gamer here lol) bigger things. Small things, no problemo let me reach into my pocket, or look away and when I look back it will be there kinda thing.

But people…ha. I’ve only gotten that to work twice, and i had to concentrate hard.

I just think “When I turn around _____________ will be there” and turn around and expect the item or person to be there.

Otherwise you can try standing in front of a door. Before opening it say or think “When I open this door __________ will be there”.

Just look up and ask nicely. It usually falls out of the sky for me.

You could also try the spawning way like GTA :razz:

Dial a number on your cellphone and the desired object will pop out of thin air :tongue:

there are 2 wonderful (but long) tutorials here and here

Has anyone ever tried to swap the scenery, and like jump into a void? There it might be easier to create things, and then from the void just create the scenery :content: You will get an awesome feeling, at least I did ^^

Oh yeah! Definitely a resolutive way to go ^^ You can just start from the little things, like feeling the ground below your feet, and the rest comes almost spontaneously :content: and you can choose what it’s about to boot, when you are imagining it with eyes closed (or even open :tongue: ).

In order to spawn an object into existence I look at my hand and issue a voice command, the name of whatever I want to appear. For example, I look at my hand and say ‘Thorium’, the name of a radioactive element atomic number 90 and a small lump of metal will appear in my hand. This is how I create things like magic powder that accomplish something in the dream world.

It can be real or fictional. The only thing is, you need to know how it looks before you create it or it might not turn out right. I recommend trying this in conjunction with normal reality checks. Like any other reality check, you must believe that it will happen when you do it.