1st Lucid Dream

Had my first lucid dream recently. It lasted all of about 5 seconds. I realized I was dreaming and became lucid. The very first thing I saw was, I think, my own eyes looking at me, but they were not normal. They seemed very large and as they turned to look at me they had a yellowish, evil tint to them. I heard a voice saying from behind they eyes, “Now, we see you.” It frightened me so badly that I told myself to wake up, and I did. It was not a nightmare! Any help figuring this out would be appreciated. After that experience I have not tried to become lucid again. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

congrats on your first LD! i’m not sure but sometimes i see myself, but never in a LD before. LDs for me are usuallly a pleasent experiece (sorry for my bad spelling)

i don’t think you should let it scare you off from LD’ing :smile:

Maddy, thanks for the reply. It was pretty unsettling. Perhaps you are right though. Maybe I shouldn’t let it dissuade me from trying again.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. A lot of unexpected things tend to happen in lucid dreams, especially when you’re still new to it. You’ll learn to be comfortable with the “weirdness” inside your dreams and perhaps grow to embrace it. :smile:

The better you become at lucid dreaming, the greater your realization of the fact that nothing in your dream can cause harm to you will be. So please don’t give up just because of one moment that frightened you. Stick with it! There’s a lot of fun to be had in lucid dreams. :smile:

Dreamwalker, I appreciate the reply. Thanks for the advice as well. As you correctly pointed out, nothing in a dream can harm me. I will have to get back on the horse even if it threw me the first time.

Don’t forget that good things can happen too! Maybe next time you experience something increadibly beautiful and profound :smile:

With a little practice you’ll get used to all the weirdness and you’ll be able to get in a more relaxed and curious mindset.

mattias,

Thanks for your reply. The replies I have gotten are encouraging me to
at least give it another try and hope for better results. It was so unnerving that
I really had given up trying it again. Once more, thanks for the encouragement.

Well done, heres hoping they will get stronger and longer.

gopolks,
I certainly share your hopes. I was really looking forward to becoming lucid
in a dream, and was quite shock with what happened. Time to get over the shock and try again. Thanks for the encouragement and support.

right on dude
good to see youre having another go!
lucid dreams are quite surreal and can have a pretty unexpected, but incredibly awesome effect on your senses
you will see, i am certain of it.

Falconstein,

Sure hope you are right. I am looking forward to experiencing what is ahead.

You dream makes me feel like things bigger then you were trying to find you, but could only do so when you awoke your ‘power’. With that, they sensed you awoke, and can now acces you when you see beyond your dreams and lower your walls. When you noticed people were watching you, you saved yourself by waking up so you couldn’t be harmed.

Not trying to make you scared, I read to many fantasy… :tongue:

I am intrigued by your dream, you are actually very lucky to experience something so deep (or I see too much in it).

Wulf,
You could very well be right. In all honesty, I don’t know enough about it to make an intelligent decision at this point. It will be interesting to see what happens the next time I am able to become lucid in a dream. So far, that has not happened, but I am working on it. I will be sure to post my next lucid dream. I really do appreciate everyone that has replied with their insights and encouragement. It has been very helpful. Thanks again, everyone!

Be sure to develop your DR, dreams can tell interesting and fascinating stories in any case :content: and you might figure out more about that particular experience if you look into them deep enough. Be sure to ask what happened in your next LD! ^^ Sweet dreaming :wink:

Only recently started keeping a dream journal. After reading some of the tips here and in books, I opted to use seeing my hands in my dreams as a trigger to lucidity. It seems I was not specific enough. Last night I was looking at something in the palm of
my hand and did not realize the signifigance in my dream! Obviously, I missed a chance to become lucid. As soon as I wrote it in my dream journal, I realized the missed opportunity. From now on I am being more specific because before I had said when I see the back of my hand I will become lucid. It seems I took it too literally. Now I know better. LOL.