2 second lucid dream?

I’m wondering whether a dream I had helped me become lucid or whether it was a false lucid dream.

The dream started with me being rushed to hospital and being put on an operating table, the surgeons told me I was going to be under anesthetic and at that moment I began thinking “1, I’m dreaming 2, Im dreaming etc” and found myself in what I’d describe as a lucid state. The dream quickly destabilized without me using stabilization methods.

But I’m still not quite sure if it was an LD or not, and if it wasn’t was it a good sign?

EDIT: and if it helps I’ve been trying to LD for 8 days now

I’ve had a similar situation once, where I was thinking “Wait a second - this whole thing makes no sense - could it be I’m dreaming?” Sadly, I woke up right after questioning my dream.

I’m not really sure if you can call it an LD already, but I’d say it’s definately a step in the right direction, especially after only 8 days! :smile:

They are lucid moments, and are definitely a big step towards having a nice and long LD ^^ Just remember to keep calm and act relaxed, the dream is already yours, just use a stabilization tech or two and it’s done :wink:

My first ld was like that. That means you are very close to lding since you did the hardest part inducing one. Now all you have to do is maintain it. By rubbing your hands and saying increase lucidity.
Well done.

The problem was I automatically did it in the dream without me controlling it so it was kinda like falling asleep in a dream. :eh:
Though I did get into a RC later on which I failed unfortunatly…

Yeah my first one was 1 second long and still i havent had one in 12 days. When you get lucid like foxychor said. stay calm. Get excited that you were lucid when you actually wake up

I’ve had a couple of these, waking up just after realizing that I’m dreaming. Three nights before I had a short LD, catched by having a different mobile phone then IRL, but it lasted just about 10 seconds. However, tonight, I’ve had a chain of first three truly lucid dreams, I think. They started because I dreamed about going to bed, and eating a ton of chocolate before actually going to sleep.
After looking on my hand, it looked distorted, I’ve had the ‘click’ and stabilized the dream. First thing I did was coming out of my home, trying to fly over the stairs, to the grass. I succeeded, but couldn’t get to fly high above ground.
Just a while ahead, I tried to summon Portal’s ASHPD, and to imagine a portal on my house’s wall, but with no success. Then I did a couple of RC’s again, and I tried to summon a sport car just behind my house. Again it didn’t work however. Then I tried to summon a kind of dream guide, with no success. However, after a while I managed to summon my own IRL car, and to get the keys out of my pocket. As an RC, I was able to set it’s lights from my (distorted) watch, but the door locks (there is no remote for them IRL) were broken inside, and I was unable to enter the car, while I was alredy driving my car several times in my dreams before, even starting two of those short LD’s.
What should I do to try to overcome these limitations?
I think it’s about my mind obeying the laws of real world in dreams too tightly.
No one manages to do the first jump.

Welcome Leo to LD4all! :wave: You can introduce yourself properly to the community in the BIG Hi topic :smile:
If you want to learn more about dream control, you can have a look at the Dream Control Training Course I have in my sig, right at the middle bottom :content: Best of luck to you.