the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 62

[mod]
This is Part 62 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic.

The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.

Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .

(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: ) :moogle: [/mod]

Hi, I’m Taylor and I’m new to lucid dreaming, but have already had a few lucid dreams. They were of low quality though, and it was like I had a one track mind. I couldn’t change any decisions I made. haha :shrug:
But anyways I hope that by joining in here i can further my LD experience. You all have been a big help already. Thanks.

:welcome: Dreamjutsu to ld4all, I cant figure out if youre this Taylor from IRC or not :shrug: but anyways, congrats for the LD’s and good luck getting better ones :tongue:

No, I’m a different Taylor I believe, but thanks for the welcome. :smile:

Welcome Dreamjutsu.
Thats sick that you’ve already have a few LD’s!

G’day LD community. I originally posted this in the “I’m back” thread last night, as I technically am, having already joined here. That said, it was 8 years ago and I don’t know anyone and noone knows me so for all intents and purposes I am new :smile: So it made sense to move the post here. I was tired and rambled on a bit, but nevertheless here’s my post:

I had been fascinated with dreams all my life, and had had quite a few dreams in my childhood where I realised that I was dreaming (happened less as I got older unprisingly - man it would be good to have that natural creative sensitivity of a child all the time hey!). I didn’t know this was a recognised phenomenon unti I came across the concept of Lucid Dreaming back in early 2002 whilst researching for a uni assignment.

Instantly taken by such a mind-blowing possibility, I dived right in, diligently keeping a dream journal for over a year, recording at least one dream most days. I was able to achieve a number of lucid dreams of increasing stability and control during this time. And I loved it just for the normal dreams too - my recall was so vivid that the memories were as clear and strong as my waking memories. I felt like I got to live two lives, and couldn’t wait to go to sleep to see what wacky adventure i would go on each night!

But start of 2003 I ended up hanging around some people with some people who had ‘stricter’ views on things (ok, I am a Christian, but fell in with some very fundamentalist types), and being young and impressionable, I thought that LD’ing must be wrong and so I gave it up. The next few years ended up being pretty hard for me, and were the lowest of my life. I’m still sorting out stuff now and re-finding who I am (haven’t abandoned my faith altogether though). My dream recall (and creativity in general) had all but dried up in this time too.

Anyways, what brings me back to this forum was a fateful moment last week, when I was doing a bit of a spring clean (ironicly so, it being autumn here!) and came across none other than my dream journal! I hadn’t looked at it in years. Hesitatingly I opened it, knowing that it would remind me of a time in my life when I was a lot happier, but instead of being dishearted, I was absolutely inspired and excited, both to realise how fun a dream-aware life was, and also in reading the journal entries. It was strangely like reading an actual journal, as naturally the dreams reflected the happinings of my life back then, and this reminding brought back feelings of joy and a mindset that was much less burdened. It is like therapy man! Through my DJ I am reconnecting with my old (and more genuine) self, and I feel like I am truly living again for the first time in years!

With each day since re-awakening (ho ho what a pun! :razz:) to dreams again, I also feel my creativity (and along with it, interest in old hobbies) returning, like rusty, long forgotten cogs starting to slowly grind again. It feels great! :happy: Now that I am here, I don’t ever want to let go of such an amazing priviledge as dreams, and LDs especially, and so I hope to be an active member of this forum.

I realise that this post is a little verbose and personal, and I apologise for that. Guess I had a lot to get off my chest! :eek:

@ld4all
Hi guys, hope you’re all doing well. I’m 24yo and hail from the Netherlands. With some luck I get a LD about once every two weeks. I don’t work too hard for them as I can handle only a certain amount of otherworldly reality without loosing footing in the physical world. Throughout the years I found out ND’s (and WL!) are very interesting too so I don’t get discouraged at all when I fail to get lucid. Keep a moderate mindset, have some patience and have fun in both worlds.

I like to thank both Pasquale and the community itself for every positive thing it produced.

:fly:

:welcome: stn to ld4all, its nice to see that you appreciate all kind of dreams :happy: I got interesting ND’s too :razz:

And thank you for appreciating us in the community and good luck getting more LD’s :grin:

:wave: welcome back oratpart :smile:

:content: pasQuale created the first website for a uni assignment

I’m happy that you have rediscovered the joy of the dreamworld again :smile: and I’m sure you will make lots of new friends here really quickly :happy:

:wave: hello stn, welcome to LD4all :smile:

Hello! I’m Myst :razz: I’m 17, I live in the US(Utah to be specific), I’ve been learning to speak french for years, I’m a gamer, and I just started learning about all this dream stuff, I heard about it from a friend. I don’t think I’ve ever had a lucid dream, and I haven’t remembered a dream in years, in fact, the last one I remembered was when I was about 8; It was a recurring nightmare I had about my parents being murdered by some harpies(mythical half bird half human creatures)

:welcome: myst.

Hope you improve my dream recall so you can remember a dream!

Ah, Myst, one of my favorite old school games :content:

:welcome:

Hrm Myst…? I didn’t know it was a game :eh: I’ll have to check it out XD And thanks for all the welcomes!

Hey,
I´m Chris from Germany. I am quite some time in this forum now, but I mostly just browsed all the inspiring and even more inspiring topics and posts :grin:
Up to now my posts have been very rare because I never really felt like giving my opinion on things… I was happy with all the information and inspiration to start LDing.
I startet up from Zero, when I came to LD4all by luck: I never recalled anything. Not even a Fragment. That was mainly because in my childhood i had nightmares and so my SC got more and more trained to wipe out all dreams because I never wanted to remember them.
When my father said to me before sleeping : " Dream nicely" , I answered from time to time, that I would not dream :content:
When I read the LD4all guide, I realised what a huge and nice thing Lucid Dreaming is. I sometimes wonder, what a freaking luck I have from time to time :tongue:
So I started my DreamDiary and konzentrated on Dreamrecall for the first months to regain my veery lacking ability. I still focus on that and dont do anything like WBTB.
But I already had about 7-8 LDs now, mostly very short, but 3 that lasted for at least 2-10 min or something :grin:

Now I decided get a bit more active in terms of posting, so write this here.
I can hardly express, how much I have to thank you guys for all this here.
:bow:

I was just thinking alot about my own Dreamworld an now I have the perfect place. When I manage to get there, I will be so amazed and, I hope to earn my Wings in this month`s Quest :shy:

Sooo, just hello to all you people around here, I`m loking forward to the future :hurray:

Yay I get to welcome people xD

Welcome (officially) to ld4all Chris! Glad you finally decided to come out in the open. Many of us do the lurking thing now and then though, no worries!
I’m doing this month’s Quest too, so I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

(Jeez, I feel weird being really young, but nonetheless I enjoy a mature community. :happy: )
Hello ld4all! I’m Chloe, but at any moment I go by a number of different names. I’m a gamer, a rather large one at that, I just love RPGs. :heart: Surprisingly enough I just learned about lucid dreaming yesterday, so I decided to try last night… Rather successful, actually. Lasted a long time…
Anyway, I decided to join because I enjoyed the experience and would love to read about what adventures other people have. Oh, and I’ll most likely be stalking the IRC channel!
:dragon:

Hi Chloe, :welcome:
How about creating a dream journal and share your dream from last night? :content:

Welcome back oratpart. :wave:
That’s really great that you’re picking up LD’ing again. Dreaming can really help us learn a lot about ourselves and sort a few times. You’ve certainly come to the right place.

Welcome stn! We have quite a few members here from the Netherlands actually and the Dutch forum is right here if you’re interested in joining both: ld4all.com/nl/forum/
A moderate patient attitude is the way to go when it comes to dreaming. Or maybe a lot of things in general.
I also like how both you and oratpart value your normal dreams just like your lucid ones. The more significance you place on something, the easier they will be to remember. That’s what I’ve found anyway. It’s great for your recall. :cool:

Welcome Myst.
I’m a gamer too. I guess you came here to learn LD’ing for the sake of reenacting some of your favorite video games, eh? That’s always fun. Well, you’ve come to the right place. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. :smile:

A wild lurker appears!
Hey there Chris. I think I’ve seen you around in my DJ. :tongue:
Really happy to see that that was one of the topics that’s motivated you. And the Motivation topic too from what I can see. Congrats on your LD’ing success and good luck on this month’s Quest!

Welcome Sapharus.
Yeah, the average age around here seems to be in the late teens/twenties. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned from here, age does not matter when it comes to maturity. Congrats on your quick success! Maybe I’ll see you around on IRC too. :cool:

And welcome to everyone else I missed.

:welcome: Sapharus, I read that you like RPGs, so you probably want to give WG and VG a shot :wink:

Have fun reading our adventures :happy:

/me is somewhat an IRC-addict too :tongue:

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and Lucid dreaming in general; I’m still trying to achieve my first lucid dream at the moment.

This looks like a great community and I look forward to conversing with you! :smile:

Welcome mousepaduk to LD4all! :wave:
A big thing that can help you in inducing your first LD is thinking back to your younger days and remembering if you ever had a LD: chances are, you already did experience a LD (being it maybe just a moment, like in a nightmare, to wake up from it), but this way you’re already halfway through, as you already have experience on the subject! :happy:
Besides, for inducing a LD at night, I recommend starting with MILD and other DILD techniques. like autosuggestion/mantras. You can check out our Knowledge base for some useful guide on the subjects :content:
Good luck on your Quest.