2012 the end.

Actually, I don’t know what I’m saying. I don’t know if they’re going to be or not…GOOGLE TIME! :grin:

lol.

I checked it out, nearest actual planetary alignment is going to be december 24th 2011. So it’s a year early, but as I said, that’s astronomically speaking, I don’t now much about astrology but I think that astrological meaning of planetary alignment is different, having more to do with the planets energies than with their relative positions in the solar system.

I’m guessing that means they will all be in a straight line…or something :confused:
There have been tons of doomsday predictions in the past (1912, 1948, etc) so I’m not really worried about this.

Yeah I was wondering if the planets are going to be in a strait line on that date too… Mathematically it is possible.

I fed the date into the solar system map on astroviewer, no alignment there I’m afraid, no where near. It took me a while to reply because I was checking my night sky map for this region tonight, and Mars and Saturn should be visible, I went out back, spotted Mars, couldn’t find Saturn, got cold, came back in.

But yeah, no planetary alignment in 2012

astroviewer.com/interactive- … ky-map.php

And anyway pluto’s not even a planet any more now… Take this you mayan calendar writing guys! We changed the future! And in a totally random way…

When my people will come you’ll see mwahahahaha :welcome:

:nuu: :nuu: :nuu: I don’t want you ppl to come here! … Wait aren’t you here already since you have one of your guy’s alien in this guys body on this earth?

It could allso be the next “War of the worlds” Where everyone freaks out for no reason. History does repeat itself. This could be our generations turn.

I have a new theory… the mayan civilization dissapeared right? So wouldn’t the calender stop adding new dates when they fell out…who’s to say they weren’t just on that date of the calender when they disappeared?

i say you should just live life. Be happy and and have fun. Whatever happens, happens. Don’t worry. LIVE LIFE! We all have so much time ahead of us. Make that time worth living. Overall, JUST LIVE LIFE!!! :grin: :grin:

And lucid dream :content:
Some people are just like that, worrying about the future and stuff. I guess I’m one of those people or I just wonder about it a lot not really worrying though.

Where do you plane on being on Dec 21, 2012? Just curious. If anything I just love the idea, and excitment all of this is generating. I hope to be in the living room with my wife, and in the chat room here.

yea , its CREEPY …
anyway , i dont think the world will end 2012 , but there certainly will be an increase of new-agers running around on the streets :cool:

I would be in my Freshman year in College in December 12, 2012. I graduate from high school in 2011.

I really don’t have a clue about where I will be… I just hope I have already got my Oscar (not best movie… probably I’m not even eligible as I’m not American… Best direction would suit me)

Welll… technically we’re already here… but we have to disguise ourselves or you human would kill us.

I don’t have a clue where I’ll be, my life is set to go through a series of upheavals in the next year or so, so I guess I’ll wait and see.

I’d like to be in Molly Malone’s in Tallinn though, it might just be my favourite bar in the world, it would be a good place to be at the end. (not that I think the world will end)

lately ive been looking up everything on the internet about 12-21-12 and wathcin all the shows on the history channel about it. its been sorta an obsession. so far most things have said the sun will be its closes ever to the center of our galaxy and they think their is a black hole at the center that will affect us somehow. some say the world will end but others say the world will just change forever. no one knows for sure. some say a comet will hit the earth and some have even said that aliens will help us off this planet. who knows? but from now until then i will be getting my mental state ready for such an event. i want to be better safe then sorry.

I sorta started that way too, finding out everything I could about it, but the more I looked up the more it seemed to me like all the other doomsday prophecies, all hype and no evidence. I’m not going to completely rule it out, it is a bit odd that the Mayan Callendar and the I-ching (no, not a new product from apple) came to the same conclusion.

At the centre of the galaxy there is an anomaly (Sagittarius A*) which is consistent with what we would expect from a supermassive black hole. That black hole is either the reason for the existence of the galaxy in the first place (it’s what everything else in the galaxy orbits) or it is the inevitable result of the amount of stellar mass at the centre of the galaxy collapsing in on itself. Either way it shouldn’t have much of an effect on us.

As far as I can tell the most worrying things are the higher frequency of objects once we reach a point level with the galactic plane, suggesting not just possible collisions on earth but also the possibility of the gravitational effects of other massive bodies having some effect on our solar system. As well as that there is the theory of dusting, which suggests that as the planet passes through the galactic plane the high density of hydrogen clouds (I think?) could do some damage to the planet’s atmosphere.

It should be pointed out, however, that major extinction events on Earth seem to have taken place when the planet is furthest away from the galactic plane (I mentioned this in another thread) so we shouldn’t worry too much about this.

Also, the solar system won’t be closer to the centre as such, simply to the galactic plane which the sun bobs up and down through as it orbits the centre. This is part of a cycle so the Sun won’t be closer than ever, just closer than it has been in a long time.

I still think that the mayan civilaztion fell out when that was on there calender… considering it fell out it would have to stop sometime.

I can’t say much about the alien theories… but here’s my opinion:

Consider the Aztecs, who followed some Mayan traditions. Their religion predicted the end of the world in 1519 (exact date, I’m not exactly sure). That was the same year Cortes landed and subsequently conquered them. There were multiple coincidences between the Aztec religion and the conquest (hopefully most people have taken a history course). It wasn’t literally the end of the world, but it was the end of the Aztecs’ world, and it caused major social and economic changes in Europe.

The Aztecs got their calender from the Mayans, so I don’t totally disbelieve the 2012 thing. But it’s hard to ignore coincidences. In the meanwhile, I’ll keep working towards a future, but if the world ends atleast I’ll be over 21! ^^