360 Degree Vision while lucid??

I made a new color in a LD. This is most likely possible. I will give it a go! I think I will try to do this by maybe picking up a picture of a 360 landscape, putting it around my head, and trying to still focus on it. Maybe that will allow me to view it all at once then. :grin:

I couldn’t even imagine it! D: that means looking from all sides, which is plausible, but then it also means looking up and down at the same time -.- makes me dizzy :tongue:

and if you can move your hand while looking at yourself and see your hand move… what then? A puppet? It’s possible to see in 360, just consider how you see with two eyes, they create one picture. Even if you could see everything all around you at once you might still have the issue of seeing it as peripheral vision and only able to focus your inspection of detail on what has your attention. The question I have with vision in general is can any of you choose to see everything at once with vivid detail? Maybe but I personally haven’t tried and I’m not sure that I can even imagine what that would be like.

I wonder if you could create a new color. That would be pretty awesome.

I remember reading something about this in relation to astral projection once…

When you think about it, you only get a clear picture with your two eyes if they focus on the same point If they aren’t (like being cross-eyed) the images overlap and it becomes hard to make sense of your surroundings. That isn’t to say I think it’s impossible. There are many animals that can see left and right at the same time and I imagine they don’t have any issues with it. However, I wouldn’t attempt it in terms of having more than two eyes, I’d try it more as being a point in space that can see in all directions. (I am, for some reason, imagining an eye that’s entirely a pupil)

On a similar topic, I wonder if anyone’s tried experiencing the fourth dimension in a dream. I mean, practically anything’s possible, right?

When you say fourth dimension what do you really mean, that is if you don’t mind elaborating

Ah, sorry, I realize the ‘fourth dimension’ could refer to many things (like time). I mean in the sense that it is a fourth spatial dimension combined with the three we exist in. Whether there really could be a fourth dimension (or more) is up for debate, but it’d be cool to try and achieve it in a dream. Wikipedia has a great article on it if you want a more in depth explanation that makes more sense than I do. And, if you already know what I’m talking about and just wanted clarification, then yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.

I’ll refer to wikipedia.

i got what ya meant kirby i have done some delving into the quantum physica and have looked at all 11 dimensions all very fscinating stuff and well you could be like god in your dreams and hypothetically god could be a tenth dimensional being i believe so perhaps you could go beyond the 3rd dimension but all of this is debatable never know though

EDIT: Sorry, I checked what the 4th Dimension in Physics would be (yeah, shame on me :grin:) and now I think it would be a LITTLE more likely to be able to experience this… but it’s still really hard to imagine. I’ll keep the text below though…

I never had a LD before but to be honest, I think becoming a fourth dimensional being could be pretty hard.

After all, it’s still easier to imagine a 360° view than being a fourth dimensional being. We know how “seeing” is like, and we can imagine that it’s like simply seeing everything around you.

I’m not sure what fourth dimension you mean, and I only (barely) know the mathematical fourth dimension, but even there I wouldn’t even BEGIN to be able to imagine how e.g. a 4D-cube would REALLY look like.

I don’t want to sound too pessimistic (and even more important I don’t want to be off-topic…), but it’d be a pretty amazing discovery if you could REALLY understand the fourth dimension, a little bit too amazing for me to believe it could work.

But if you want to try it, I encourage you to do it. And if it works, tell me :wink:

I read in some book (not sure what it is) that in dreams your vision is already 360 degrees but you just have tunnel vision because thats what you expect and are used to. The only way I could think of trying this would be look as far left or right as you can and think you can look farther and farther until your on the other side.

The similar thing happened in movie Limitless, once when he took the pill his vision get “expended” almost like 360º… And if I understand it right he had this ability because he could reach deeper in his subconscious and the image that he actually saw was just a memory…

I don’t know about having constant 360º vision, but I’m sure that we at least me have a tunnel vision, and to be honest sometimes is very annoying, but also useful, when I’m doing a hand RC tunnel vision is great because I get all focus on my hands…

360 degree is pretty awesome… it probably looks awesome if you try it in your dream