A False Lucid Dream?

Yesterday, i came across this amazing phenomenon of lucid dreaming, and i tried doing it that night (not sure which technique i used, if i used any).
I can recall MOST of that dream, where i saw this constantly changing square of words & colours and i said to myself, “cool, im dreaming!”. I felt the rubbing of my hands and the scene changed to the computer screen, with me in a chair and a person next to me. The person says “Are you dreaming?” i responded with a yes, and i think i woke up after that.

But now that i think about it, i dont remember actually being ‘conscious’ at that time, as if i was dreaming OF a lucid dream.
Any ways i can change that?

P.S. How long can an LD last? an hour or more?

It could have been either a false lucid dream or a lucid dream with very low lucidity.

If you truly knew you were dreaming, but you were unable to do anything, then your lucidity was just very low.

In those kinds of dreams, you know you are dreaming, but you can’t do anything about it, you just go with the dream.

Or maybe you really didn’t know you were dreaming, you thought you knew.
Yeah, I also got dreams where I dreamed of lucid dreaming.

A lucid dream could last from seconds to years.
Well, sometimes it can feel like you’ve been in the dream for a few days but it’s really 5 minutes in real life, or the dream could last for a minute, and it’s been 5 hours in real life.

Some people say their dreams lasted for years.

And…welcome to the forum :wink:

I’ve always wanted to experience a dream that lasted years. I had a false lucid dream last night actually.

Good chance it was a false one…BUMMER D: I guess i gotta keep trying…and BELIEVING (not so easy for me D:)
is there anyway to control how long an LD lasts for as well has how long it has past in real life?

Hey, FLD’s are a great sign as they mean you’re close to a real LD, not to mention that there’s always a chance it was extremely low lucidity. Those can also feel like you’re stuck going along with the dream.

As for your other question, you can extend a dream by rubbing your hand or spinning if it feels like the dream is about to fade. As far as controlling the flow of time, I’ve heard of some people adjusting clocks in their dreams and other such things, but I’ve never seen a technique for adjusting RL time. I can say I’ve had a 20 minute LD that really lasted 10, but I don’t know how I did it.

…Or stopping time.
We actually had a quest here about stopping time.

But you could try various things, like that clock thing or you could just try shouting ‘‘Increase lucid dream time’’ or something like that.

hmm… i guess i gotta be careful WHEN i get an LD… i don’t want to have an LD (intentionally/accidentally) that lasts for 10 minutes and realise that 10 hours has past and i missed school!

Even if you can recall dreams quite well, is it still necessary to keep a journal? i don’t want my friends to be suspicious :confused:

P.S. I hope my mind can understand ‘english’ well enough to respond to what i say, if i ever do get an LD.

I wouldn’t be too worried about sleeping too late, your body will still wake up like a normal dream, especially if you have alarms set :content:.

I would recommend you hold on to a DJ. Just keep it by your bed or hidden. Besides, what do you have to worry about from your friends? What’s wrong with lucid dreams that would “make them suspiscious?”

Being how perverted they are, they would suspect me dreaming about sex, and i wouldn’t want to make it anymore awkward than that.

And i’ve heard people had LD’s that lasted days, which leads me to the question; if you sleep in a dream, do you wake up from the dream or into the dream again?