A hint of WILD.

I LD about once a week when i am not using any induction techniques, and i have quite a few techs that work for me, to a degree. However, I have yet to decide on one, or a combination to work on as my primary technique(s). This week, i was planning to go on an all-out, no excuses, every night VILD binge, but as i was reading the Big WILD Topic today, i came upon a post:

Now, this sounded very familiar to little old me. When i have tried MILD before, as i go to bed at night, when i take the mild quite deep, often i would get something similar to these vibrations, but it would be more similar to my heartbeat. I would feel my a jolting pulse throughout my body, (it seemed to focus on, or even eminate from, my chest cavity) an it would grow larger and more violent. Eventually it would seem like i was surrounded by this, and one would become so violent that i would become fully awake. There was also a throbbing sound, turning slowly to a dull THUD, then getting sharper. This was often accompained by a feeling, not of actual panic, but my brain telling me that i should be panicking. This happens approximately 70% of the time I MILD seriously. On a side note, I have (about three times) tried to tune it to the sound mentioned, and it had resulted in a very similar experience.

The question is, is this a seperate phenomenon, or could I possibly use it to WILD? I’d like to get the opinion of some of the more experienced WILDers here, that may have felt some thing similar before. If this is really a WILD experience, and not just an obscure physiological reaction, then I’m Excited!, as i have achieved this experience quite consistently at bedtime, and without specific WILDing intention. If this has a possibility of working, I may rethink my plan for the week.

So what are your thoughts?

I think you should investigate. Could definately lead to LD if you continue from these energy feelings. Try to follow the advice from that quote you gave, since rolling into a LD is one of the most succesful methods for WILD that I am aware of (I made a tech out of it too, it’s here if you have not read it yet). Good luck!

I read your article, and it sounds promising indeed. I think i’ll try this next time i get a chance. Did you use any specific technique to cause waking up at a good WBTB time a habit?

Yes I started once with drinking tea/water before bedtime, made me get up like 4 - 6 hours after usually. After a while it becomes a routine. However for my WILD tech I prefer not to leave the bed at all, it is best to wake and then do it asap!

That sounds like a good idea, Xetrov. If i can’t get autosuggestion working, I think I’ll try it. Thanks :cool: