A question or two concerning WILD and phosphenes.

I have a few questions for the more experienced WILDers in the community.

First off, I almost immediately see completely incoherent colors or patterns when I close my eyes in the dark. Sometimes it is like a field of dots or lines, and sometimes a series of large dots (one at a time) that quickly reduce in size, as if I am moving out of a tunnel backwards. Would you consider these to be genuine phosphenes, caused by brain activity, or something else, such as imperfections in my sensory system?

Secondly, just by watching these patterns, would it be possible to advance to a state of HI, or possibly even a full LD?

Some background information: My WILDing experience is limited, but the best I have done is to achieve vibrations and an extremely violent and quick heartbeat, which then jolt me into fully awakening. This I have done by performing breathing meditation (focusing on my breathing, and nothing else) as I firstgo to sleep at night.

Any answers, or related suggestions will be appreciated.

I believe what you described were phosphenes. However, I don’t think you will be able to enter a dream from looking at them (at least not if you do this without around 4.5 hours of sleep). I suggest WBTB for WILD.
I’ve heard that the phosphenes can develope into actual images, but if you concentrate on the back of your eyelids you might not enter a dream, because for this you need to see the images inside your MIND, not physically on your eyelids.

I had HI based on phosphenes few times, but I was too sleepy to enter WILD directly from this o_O. I can try this again.

I’ve been attempting WILD for the past 3 nights. I got a few signs of getting close to the dream, but usually go unconscious.

Secondly, just by watching these patterns, would it be possible to advance to a state of HI, or possibly even a full LD?
||||
Yes.

I do it all the time.

I have a similar type of phosphenes/HI.

They start out when I close my eyes and everything is dark, fuzzy, and purple. Then after a minute or two of focus, the movement kicks in. At first it’s just the purple gets a bit smaller and gives way to some black on the edges of my vision.
Next, the purple circle starts to shrink more and more, eventually melting into a sort of milky/off white color with jagged edges pointing in toward a purple center. and surrounding this now milky/off white thing is purple.
Then the Object in the center gets even smaller and smaller and disappears, giving way to the purple, and everything starts over again. When I’m WILDing I looks for this with varying degrees of success (Success finding the thing, not WILD. I’m almost always successfull with the WILDing).

How long have you been at it?

I would really appreciate it if you could post the full technique you use. I am kinda in need of some pointers.

Thanx

Eh. I’m not really sure what happens. Sorry.

All I know is that go to bed normally, no technique done, then have my alarm clock wake me up about five hours after I wake up. I then try to recall my dreams and write the down, read some stuff, play some games, whatever. Then an hour later ( or half an hour later) When I’m sort of awake but could still go to sleep If I wanted to, I go to bed and start doing what I described above. Then, all I know is that I sort of fall asleep but not really. Then I sort of wake up a bit, and I’m Lucid.

I guess in a sense it’s not really WILDing, but, whatever.

I’d be happy to answer any other questions, though.

Hmm. Thanks for all your input, guys. My current routine is the wake up (with alarm) about 3.5 hours after i fall asleep (12:00 usually), after which I try to fall immediately back to sleep (with a tech) so mabye I should try Chilla’s method.

Chilla: Would you reccomend that I change the time I set my alarm to? It’s on 3:30 at the moment. Also, how long should I expect to wait before I get results?

Ahhh, I see. The WBTB method. How succesful do you think I could be if I did the WILD technique upon going to bed at the regular time, without doing the WBTB part?

One of my main problems with WBTB is that I attend school regularly - high school - and seeing as it’s my senior year, I need to take it pretty seriously.

If I went to bed at 9 P.M., starting tonight, I could awaken at 1 A.M. and remain awake till 2 A.M. That would give me plenty of time to WILD before I have to get up at 6 A.M. to get ready for school.

I will do it! :happy: Tomarrow morning I shall wakefully initiate a LD!

Wake Initiated Lucid Dreaming plan:

1. Shower – 8:20 P.M.

2. Go to bed and do LB full body relaxation - 9:00 P.M.

3. Get up at 1:00 A.M. use bathroom (if needed) and read about lucid dreaming till 2:00 A.M.

4. Return to bed and practice WILD at 2:00 A.M.

Awaken at 5:45 to have 15 minutes to record any lucid or normal dreams.

They are genuine phosphenes.

Yes indeed, you have to zoom into them, or try to “open” them, like they are a door: WILD’ing with phosphenes.
It’s a rare technique. I hardly found information about it.

Chilla: Would you reccomend that I change the time I set my alarm to? It’s on 3:30 at the moment. Also, how long should I expect to wait before I get results?

Well, With all my experiences, I’d have to say this:

The least amount of sleep a person of a young age needs to function normally throughout the day is eight hours. As you get older, I hear you need less and less, but that’s beside the matter at hand. I find that a border line between dead tired throughout the day and feelin’ fine is about six hours of sleep. And finally, I find that the closer to that border time that you WBTB and WILD, the better your (well, my results. It could be completely different for you)WILDing goes.

Having said that, I believe an Ideal time to awake and try the WILD technique is after around five-six hours of sleep. Also it would be good to stay awake for about half an hour to an hour beforhand. And when I say stay awake I mean fully awake. (Splashing cold water on your face when you first wake helps alot)

DARXIDE! You wrote: How succesful do you think I could be if I did the WILD technique upon going to bed at the regular time, without doing the WBTB part?

Honestly, I can’t tell you. Some people just have that determination and could sit still for however long their body takes to enter sleep states. You may be one of them
however, am not. I need my body ready to accept sleep before I begin to WILD, which means I go to sleep normally then wake in the middle of the night.

I find trying to WILD when first going to bed difficult and it’s because my body is still awake-----

But give it a whack if your first going to bed at two a.m. and you body is dead tired either way-----

Eh.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that the effectiveness of your WILD is directly connected to your body’s willingness to shutdown and fall asleep.

Excuse me, I’m not very good at organizing facts and thoughts.

Any questions?

Thanx. I believe you answered all of my questions.