A Very Different Experience **PLEASE READ!!**

I’ve been lucid dreaming for many years. It started when I was 14, me and my friends were very actively playing on a ouija board. Well something happened and I started having dreams that I was falling. They started as False Awakenings. The first couple was floating over my bed. I could feel the bed leave and I could feel my hair and clothes dangle but I couldn’t move or open my eyes, then wake up like I was thrown on the bed. Then the dreams turned into me waking up and I’d fall right off the bed and continue to fall down a dark cave. It was frightening at first so I started to put pillows on the sides of the bed. Then I started to fall THROUGH my bed. I had this dream for many weeks, over and over and over again. To where I knew I was dreaming every time it happened. Just falling and falling and falling. I realized I couldn’t stop it so I just accepted it and started to enjoy the sensation. (I started to have a ton of paranormal activity everywhere I go, including false awakenings where a spirit would contact me for something. This was occurring the entire time as well). Well one night I got sick of always falling and turned upward to where my back was falling first, and I yelled at the cave above me “show me something already!” that’s when I fell onto an old mattress in an old gross room. (the entire time I’m aware I’m dreaming) I walk over to a sink and look in a mirror above it. Half of me has my natural curly hair, I have color in my cheeks, and wide alive eyes. The other half of the girl in the mirror had sharp cheek bones, dark eyes, and straight black hair (which was crazy cause my hair was red at the time). Then, the mirror goes flying into the corner and I realize a hand through it over there. I turn and there is a very very tall man standing there. He leads me outside onto a hill and I suddenly feel like there is a million people around me. He sits down and stretches out his incredibly long legs. Other than his height I can’t remember much about him, its like right on the edge of my mind, like a silhouette of what he looks like. Anyway, he tells me about two worlds that are always in war and some crap about needing me to go with him somewhere. We talked for SO LONG, like an all day event. And everything felt so real, I could feel the grass under us, I could feel the chill in the air and smell it. The only thing that was odd was the sky, it was pink like a sunset the entire time. Not to mention, the man felt…different, like he was going to turn into a lion. This all sounds crazy but its barely the beginning. He clapped his hands and I awoke.
After that I started being followed everywhere. I just had a feeling like someone was with me, like a bubble around me. Being so young and having these dreams and experiences made me feel like different than everyone else.
I started to live another life in my dreams. I would control them and do whatever I wanted. I slept all the time. Well when I started doing this, there was always someone with me. Sometimes it was more than one, always behind me, making me feel safe. But there was always this one and he was more there instead of in the background.
Well there was this one dream. I fell back onto that old mattress in that same old dirty room. It was odd to me that I was dreaming it again so I willed to change it. I even tried to fall backward (how I usually got out of a dream) but I just fell onto the mattress (dirt even puffed out of the mattress when I fell back onto it). I was scared to get up because I had this bad feeling. So I just curled up into a ball and sat there. Then, after awhile, all of a sudden I’m being lifted through the ceiling and over the house I was in. I’m flying through the sky. This was the first time I actually flew through the sky like I was flying through the real sky. I was like “wow this is cool! I want to do a loop!” I try to will myself to do a loop and nothing happens. That’s when I realize I’m not flying, someone is carrying me through the sky. We then start to dive back to the ground. We fly over a suburb and into someones huge backyard. I thought I was going to crash onto the ground, but then, light as a feather, I’m placed onto the grass. Again, I can feel the dew on the grass, the cold leaves of the bush to my right. I can see the night sky and stars above, and the wooden fence separating the yards.
Then this figure walks in front of me. He’s not much taller than me, he has short straight hair that unkempt and brushed to one side. He’s wearing a plain, dark, long sleeve shirt and wearing what looked like blue jeans. There was detail everywhere but not on him. I couldn’t make out much of anything but I could FEEL him even though he wasn’t touching me. Like…I could feel his strength, his shyness, and…love. I don’t even know him but I could feel so much love coming off of him. I asked him who he was and he smiled (I could see his face widen like a smile). I then said something like “this is a really weird dream. What are we doing?” He put his hands up like, “its okay, don’t be alarmed” and took a couple steps up to me. He reached up to cup my face and leaned in to kiss me. At first I’m like “oh lala” you know? But my brain kicks in and I push him away. I say “I don’t know you why are you kissing me?” I kind of yelled it too. Idk it sorta made me mad that he thought he could just kiss me…
He turned around and put his hands on his head like he was frustrated. He shook his head and I woke up.
When I woke up I knew he was there. I just knew. I knew that he had to be controlling my dreams or something. I felt invaded but sad and frustrated. After sleeping a couple more times and not dreaming ANYTHING. I felt so lost, there was times to where I didn’t know what was real and what wasn’t.
My real life started to plummet.
By now I am 16. I would wake up outside in my yard or in the woods. I kept feeling pulled outside. A ton of weird stuff was happening to me. A ton. And you probably think I’m a weirdo already so I’m not going to go into detail.
I started doing a lot of drinking and taking whatever drugs anyone would give me (nothing too bad). I started dating a bunch of different guys. Never being with anyone longer than a couple of weeks. I turned into a crap of a friend too.
Then I met someone. I really like him and started to adapt serious feelings for him and that’s when I started having dreams of falling again.
Well, one that stands out from most was when me and the guy I was with were staying over at a friends house. It was the next after a big party and I was sleeping in like usual. Well I get shaken like someone is trying to wake me up. I sit up and turn around to see who it is and its that guy I dreampt about before. I still cant see his face but I feel his desperation. We sit on the edge of the bed and start talking. I tell him that he’s got to stop doing this to me. He actually talks this time but in a way like hes speakin in my mind. He apologizes and says he doesn’t know how to just leave me alone. He turns to me and says he needs me and tries to kiss me again. I lean back so he can’t. “I have a boyfriend. I can’t kiss other guys, even dream guys.” Then there’s the doorknob to the room door starts to jiggle and theres a knock. It’s my boyfriend trying to get in, he then starts to pound on the door. The dream guy turns to me and says “You have to join us that’s the only way we can really be together.” And me, thinking all of this is paranormal, “You want me to kill myself!?” He says “no, you can’t do it like that.” He starts to say something else but instead looks back at the door and shakes his head. I then wake up back on the bed and my boyfriend barges in yelling at me for trying to lock him out.
I just reread all of that and it sounds like a freakin movie or something.
Well, after that I started to feel the dream guy around me all the time again, it never really stopped but it just seemed a little more intense the more serious I got with my boyfriend. Bad stuff kept happening, I started doing stuff that I wouldn’t normally do. Basically, it was like dream guy was trying to break up me and my boyfriend or something. (btw I’d like to clarify that I’m not drinking and doing drugs or whatever at this time)
Well I got sick of it. One night that I had the house to myself, I lit my bedroom full of candles and a set in the floor. I tried to meditate and in a way “call” dream guy to the room. I told him to stop. I even got a little mean about it. I was just going crazy. I felt so DIFFERENT. I felt like I was insane.
After that night, all the crazy weird stuff stopped.
Even now, 7 years later (I’m 23) I sometimes feel his presence. Usually at night when I’m sleeping I will suddenly wake up and he’s there. Sometimes when I wake up but usually when I’m trying to go to sleep. When I dream I feel him there, in the background, but I never see him. Idk if he’s another lucid dreamer, something from another dimension, a “spirit guide”, a spirit, or just a part of my imagination and I really am crazy.
Honestly, it’s weird to admit. But I ache for him. Like, I’m not really supposed to be here, I’m supposed to be somewhere else with him. I continue to live a full life though; letting the universe teach me its lessons. I just feel…detached. I wish there was a way I could contact him. But no matter how hard I try, he won’t let me see him.
Just thinking about all of this makes me just want to cry. Idk why I joined this site or other sites, telling them my story and no one really being able to explain. I just feel like if I continue to look for an answer, maybe then I can get a little closer somehow. I’ve learned to protect my room and my house from dangerous paranormal activity. I still have dreams to where paranormal are seeking help. I have regular dreams (I still know I’m dreaming every time). I sometimes also control my dreams, but I’m usually too exhausted.
What can I do to gain that contact back with him? Do I really have to do what he wanted me to do? Whatever that was?

I’m sorry this was so long, I actually left a ton out lol. Thanks for reading anyway.

Interesting story. I have to say that I haven’t read that many similar stories. I’m sure you can meet this guy in a lucid dream and talk things over. And I’m sure it’s nothing bad or paranormal, human mind just is a complex system capable of creating experiences like these.

One autistic lucid dreamer experienced the dream characters talking to him during waking life. He feared he had gone insane. He then met a new character in his dreams, the Architect that wanted to build a home for himself, because the dreamworld was in stasis when the dreamer was awake. This happened with the other characters too and they were bored, so this lucid dreamer built a city for all the characters and he stopped hearing voices during the day.

You can read his whole story here

Hi clippedWings,

I am sorry, I have not the experience to give you any valuable answers, but it seems like you really need some response, so I answer anyhow.

It is a weird story, for sure, but I believe you, so no worries, you don’t seem weird to me.

I am not in the position to decide if this experiences you have are due to some paranormal activity, some sort of entity or some dissociated aspect of yourself.

From what I know, it is possible, like Letaali states, that it something created by your own mind. It is possible that some aspects of ourself can dissociate from our mainstream feeling of “I” in that degree that it get’s like a living on its own. This has nothing to do with being crazy, we all have this, all our dream characters (at least 99% of them) are dissociations of ourselves. The degree of dissociation just varies from people to people. Indeed, some people can have worlds of dream characters, living their own lives. There are some examples on this website, I can’t find it at the moment, but I have read a dreamjournal of one lucid dreamer who build literaly diffrent wolds in his lucid dreams, and the dreamcharacters just do their thing, while he is dreaming, or not, that’s so cool. This has nothing to do with crazyness, but with the unending potential of our minds.

On the other hand I would not dare to exclude that something else is happening here, with you. From what I know from studying Tibetan Buddhism, I understand that Tibetans really know (or believe, it’s up to the reader) that some entities do exist. They acknowledge this, but never work with this, so you will hardly read or hear anything about it. Because they know (or believe) that they can’t help us to free ourselves. Because all this entities are not free themselves. Although they can have greater (paranormal?) powers, it is best to avoid them, because if you let yourself lead by these entities, it is like a blind letting lead himself by another blind, and that is just not a good idea.

I don’t know myself, and I will only know when I build up experience myself, but until then I tend to take advice of people who have been studying the human mind so intense and for so many hundred of years, and seem to be right in so many other fields that I can acknowledge myself (for instance they already use lucid dreams for decades, they show techniques that I found out really have a very positive effect on your mind, and they have examples, The Dalai Lama for example, who show that they have transformed their-selves to very special human beings).

Anyhow, with the above in the back of my mind, I would strongly advise not to do what this person/DC/entity asked.

What I would advice, is to finally use your extremely useful abilities to be able to be concious in your dreams so often, to your benefit, for you personal growth, to strengthen yourself.
Whatever is happening to you, it is happening in the immaterial, and the immaterial, that’s what i believe, just has no influence on the material world. So materially you don’t have to be afraid, never, you are always safe. But we are more then material, lucid dreams proves this, so we can get influenced by the immaterial anyhow, but it depends on our immaterial mental state how.
Compare it to nightmares, although they happen in our mind, and not materially out there, they can keep us in a frightened state and this in the end can affect our health (materially), that’s why you can overcome this by getting lucid and just knowing that it can’t hurt you materially, this helps you to overcome the non-material influence as well, so you get stronger and healthier.

So whatever is happening to you, you have control over it, if you have control over your mental state. So please try to generate a positive mental state, don’t be afraid, just be open, but keep yourself protected (like you seem to do), and be wise, knowing it is never good to following something that you don’t know.

I guess you could do two things:

1. Like with nightmare’s, just understand that it is a dream or at least the influence is only immaterial, so in fact it can’t hurt you materially, and even not immaterially if you keep by yourself, if you keep in charge of your metal states. So confront it, show you are in charge. You stop someone from kissing you, but you let him hang around you, haunt you, in your personal space without giving permission. Please have some more self respect and show this. You say you feel love, but a love with no respect for the other simply is not at all love, so don’t fool yourself. If you feel that presence, just say aloud (while awake or dreaming, the latter is more strong I guess) that you don’t accept any more somebody unknown in your personal space: “Have the guts to show yourself, or leave, forever”, be very firm, don’t be afraid to lose something, if this presence has any value for you, it will reveal itself, if not it will disappear, so there is nothing to lose, only to gain: a very interesting real encounter in full respect or peace of mind. This is win, win, so try to be firm, have no doubt!
  2. If you are stronger, have allot of self-respect and a good portion of love for others, you could simply turn the roles: you could want to help that person (no matter what it is, if it is a DC you help yourself, if it is something else you help that). Not by giving in to the wishes of that presence (that is not helping, that is giving in on self respect and consequentially also not respecting the real need of the other), but by acknowledging that somebody, something seems to need your help. Ask what you can do to help, stating it is not nice to follow you like, being in your personal space all the time, there must be something wrong, ask if you could help in some way. And don’t take “just kiss me” for an answer :smile: … ask why/how this can help… confront that this hurts you, because you don’t know him, so you can’t have a positive feeling about this, so how can it help him by hurting you… does it want to harm you: why, … and so on…

Sorry, I am getting really into this, actually I would love to be in your place, I would find it so extremely interesting. I would know I that I was standing before a big brake trough, and would be so happy to break trough, learn something new about myself and the immaterial.
So keep this in mind, maybe it is just all projection of myself, and it has no value to you, I am sorry then, I hope some others will have more valuable advice for you.
Good luck and keep us updated, I find it very interesting.