Abstract dreams

Subject splitted from the Big Remembering Dreams topic

My dreams tend to be extremelly abstract, sometimes I can remember then without much trouble, but I can’t understand then. Like, just the other day, when I first tried to have a LD, I dreamt about trying to have an LD, but I wasnt even a person, but a whole bunch of squares, each one with legs made of little squares, and I felt like I was trying to tell some girl something about me and LD, but it just remained as a sensation. Recalling feelings and impressions from a dream is the best thing I can do, will this cause me trouble in my attempts to get LD’s ?

Your really close to having an LD just keep trying. It’s sorta like pre lucid dreaming and false awakenings (FA) That’s the only way I know how to describe it.

Hi Vicaris,

If your dreams are abstract, you’ll probably have abstract lucid dreams. It’s posible to have LD’s from abstract things, I just had one tonight when I was attacked by a lovecraftian abstract thing made of physical sensations and strange visual waves! :happy:

There are another possibilities. I have the feeling that our dreams become less abstract when we write them down. And when you become lucid you always can change an abstract dream into a more realistic one.

I splitted your topic cause it was not related with dream recall problems.