Ambient

di.fm serves some fantastic ambient/chillout mixes! Especially the mixes by Solar Stone, Red Jerry, Stef and the Breakdown Mixes.

To me, nothing DI plays is really ambient. It’s mostly chillout/ibiza chillout.

hey,

thanks for the links…

I should add another great ambient group: The Shamen…

there music moves like water… really well produced…

umm i also listen to Banco de Gaia… hmm few other compilations…chakra journey, mystery of the yeti??(i guess more like a psychedelic journey of the sorts…) oh and return to the source…

I agree they play quite some ibiza chillout, but not all the time. They often play little masterpieces from Biosphere, Synaesthesia, Woob, Solar Quest, Ishq, Boards of Canada, etc… Also Banco de Gaia, Deep Dive Corporation and Mystery of the Yeti. I wouldn’t call them regular (ibiza) chillout…

Does ambient music sound better on Ambiens, the sleeping pills?

Umm… Aphex Twin? Boards of Canada?

Shpongle… etc :smile:

I discovered Steve Roach while listening Winamp Ambient radios recently. Who else finds himself/herself fond in him? :content:

I do… he got some awesome stuff…
BTW,I am doing my first ambient track already :smile:

Im a big fan of ambient, i got around 10 gb of it, even tried to make some own tracks :cool_laugh: Shpongle and Carbon Based Lifeforms are my favourite ones when it comes to ambient :grin:

Also, maybe offtopic but psytrance kicksass too… Astral projection… mmm and infected mushroom :content:

i was on infected mushroom live party at yesterday :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
it was great, the boys enjoyed too :grin:

I personally hate Astral Projection and Infected Mushroom…hehe…beginner psy. :tongue: I have about 40gb of psy and countless CD’s though…I love the genre…has to be my fav.

But, Steve Roach owns…hes one of the pioneers of his sound…hes great. Bioshphere is also really good, I suggest him!

beginner psy lol
if you like harder psy, i recommend to you my mix :cool:

music.globalbeatz.net/dj-mix-mp3/4519
user: ~sphad~
pass: budapest

boom!

Kris Hewitt - Rotating

Well, this mix probably won’t get much hype, but I really only did it out out bordem.

I’m no professional DJ here, and mixing ambient is VERY HARD, at least to get it to sound good, so don’t expect something sounding like Vidna Obmana if you do happen to download.

If theres any server problems, let me know.

Length: 22:12
Quality: 128 Kbps

Right click, save as!