An interesting question.

what if you have never had chicken what does everthing taste like then? bland?

How’s that, I’m supposed to go out there and sample every mammal on the face of the Earth?? :tongue:

Keeping in mind that I’m just throwing these ideas out there for consideration - but maybe it has something to do with the degree that particular mammals have have diverged from the chemical or physiological makeup (or, say - DNA structure, or whatever gives that good “chickeny” taste :tongue: ) of reptiles. So for example, I recall from my biology classes that most avian species aren’t particularly far diverged from reptiles.
To simplify, maybe (just maybe!) whale and roedeer taste almost nothing like chicken (or reptiles, anybody know what reptiles even taste like? I don’t, so my comparison could be flat out wrong) because they have diverged a much greater distance, in evolutionary terms, from reptiles than has a chicken.

A taste is a taste, regardless of your basis for comparison. If I have never tasted chicken, and I tasted something that most people would say tasted like chicken, I would probably just compare the flavour to something else :hmmm:.

ah yes but the question is what, …

Well, given that reptile taste like chicken, he could say “Everything taste like Reptile”

Snape: Hmm, good point :smile:

If I wasn’t confused before, I sure am now! :tongue:
It’s all subjective, I could say that chicken tastes like . It doesn’t really mean much, it just depends on your basis for comparison or frame of reference. What are we really saying here?

Chicken tastes like red squares inside blue circles :tongue: (well… it does!!)

hrm you’re probly right Snape (HP♥)
(wow my post from before…seems so…prententious?)

And if dinosaur->pterodactyls->chicken…then
I wonder what pterodactyls tastes like…

Meh, probably pork :tongue:

Y’know, this is possibly the single most important debate to ever grace this forum… :razz:

My little cousin once had trout or some fish that a child wouldn’t normally eat and claimed it tasted just like chicken…XD :smile: which actually he says about a few different types of food!

Kuro-tsuno said like who decided that everything tastes like chicken, and why not everything tastes like rabbit or something else…like why chicken, was it first type thing

To me everything tastes sorta different. But that’s me XD

stares for a moment

burst out laughing
i wouldn’t know, though. i don’t eat meat.
MEAT IS MURDER!! sorry, i had to do it :tongue:

Chicken is like the meat equivalent of water for liquids. We compare everything to it and go from there.

I think some chicken meat has a taste, and some of it doesn’t-- the stuff that doesn’t just takes the taste of whatever is in your mouth with it… It’s just texture-- and besides that, HOW you cook it! I think :3

I ate tacos yesterday that tasted like chicken. Then I ate sausages tasting like chicken. I must say I was a little stunned, but that was NOTHING to what I was about to face: Toast tasting like chicken.

Conspiracy theories involving the government, chickens, pigs and cross-breeding started filling my mind and I knew what I had discovered was big!

I was about to go national just before I prepared another meat meal, but then the moment I put my chicken-flavored spice on my pork chops, something hit me.

PIGS ARE CHICKEN IN DISGUISE! :unk:

lol XD That’s brilliant-- But chicken-flavoured toat? That’s a bit scary XD :P~