Another approach to achieving lucid dreams?

Hey Namine, good luck. I hope it works for you :content: I NEVER get dreams when I take afternoon naps :cry:

Little snowfox, great you felt the happy awareness! :tongue: I know WILD can be a bit scary at the beginning, just keep experimenting with it and you’ll get used to all the “weird things”, but don’t worry, there’s nothing dangerous or anything. Usually the transition is smoother for me when I try to visualize I’m somewhere touching walls and slowly it becomes real. It’s like I teleport there and miss all the SP and stuff. :tongue:

i had one LD about 5 or 6 yrs ago. tried intermittently isnce but no luck. i recently got a LaBerge book and have been trying but to no avail. getting sad that Its not woorking. and losing interest. I will try the O.P technique. sounds mellow.thanks.

night night.

Amazing how some threads of thought can really have an impact!

Briano8, Dont give up! Keep the book somewhere you can see it, and brush your thoughts on it, even if you’re not actively thinking about it :smile:

After reading this thread this morning, it got me thinking of Yoda, and his whole Try Not! Do, or Do not, there is no Try!
And I would agree, for me anyway, many lucid dreams come at those times when I simply know im gonna have one, relaxed, and focused more on being ready with something i want to do, than how to get there :smile:

This morning, after thinking on this post awhile, I laid down for a nap. Not too sleepy, but I vaulted with the idea that i had nothing to do for at least 3 hours or so; Focused on relaxing, I set my mind to wander through a constructed dreamscape i built up recently, and passed right out.

After having a quirky little dream with, of course, Yoda the Lucid Jedi :dingding: , I woke up briefly, kept very still and relaxed, latched on to a bit of HI, and reentered the dream fully lucid, though comically off-beat. I hope to get that dream posted in my journal here a bit later this evening after my normal sleeping time :smile:

Thank you all for that bit of inspiration! :lucid:

Hey, glad to hear you had success :happy:

I’ve been totally forgetting about this the past few nights. I realized, as happens every now and then, I “forget” to try to LD :lol: I forget to put effort into the techniques. I realize now that more importantly is I forget to FEEL it. I’m back to it tonight though!