Another "First Lucid Dream!"

Ok, let me give some background.

I learnt about lucid dreaming about a year ago on another set of forums - they weren’t Dream forums but someone posted about Lucid dreaming and over a period of a few months there would have been 100 pages of replies to it…

The night I read it I tried to do it, and of course I had no idea what I was doing so failed miserably (amazing there is such a process to get started).

About 3 weeks ago I thought I would get back into it and discovered ld4all… ever since then every night I have been reading testimonies and information on the site and forums.

In those 3 weeks I managed to get hold of some mp3s which help one get lucid… It was definitely a learning stage and each night I managed to figure out what worked best.

Over the 3 weeks I have only managed to record one dream (really busy with social life) but am sure that I can at least remember one dream a night now…

Last night (when I decided to finally sign up here) I was listing to the 90 min Hemi-Sync - Lucid Dreaming Series tape. I fell asleep in the “Completely relaxed by number 10” and woke up at the end of the tape when the voice told me to wake up. I was shocked as I could not remember a dream during that period!

I started the tape again and thought seen as I had been sleeping for an hour and a half that it would be easy to get to sleep again. For some reason, I just could not get to sleep! It drove me mad and I became furious! I almost felt like crying as I knew I was tried and could easily sleep but some unknown force would not allow me… In the end I gave up on lying as still as possible and just rolled over in the worst mood ever.

It took me at least 20 mins to get to sleep then and I didn’t even care about dreaming I just wanted to get enough sleep so I would not feel like shit the next day.

When I got to sleep at that moment, I had a lucid dream! It was amazing as I thought it was the most unlikely moment to have one…

Anyway, here goes…

I was driving a taxi that I must have stolen (I don’t drive taxis :wink: ) and I think I might have been a little drunk too. It was dark and the headlights on the taxi kept turning off. I was trying to drive and I couldn’t see every few seconds because the lights would just switch off even though I turned them straight back on after. I also think the dream was trying to fade out during my drive because every now and then I would suddenly be overcome with this paralysing feeling and my vision would go.

I managed to make it to my driveway and I noticed another taxi was about to drive past me. I freaked about because they would probably radio into there head-courters and figure out someone had stolen a taxi and drove it out to the middle of no where (I live way out of the nearest town). I drove up my drive way, parked my taxi in my garage and hid behind a table on my deck. I noticed the other taxi had stopped outside my driveway and someone hoped out and started to walk up my drive way.

At that moment I questioned me self if I was lucid. I thought I might be so I went to swipe my hand though the leg of the table with the intention it would go through right it. And it did. I knew I was lucid! I was excited! I also knew that most people loose their lucidity for the first time when they discover it so I stayed cool. Seen as I was lucid I thought well fuck it, this taxi driver coming up my drive way is not even real. At that moment I just started running full speed to the taxi driver. It was somebody I knew but not really that well and he started to go back towards his taxi. I was thinking that seen as this was my first lucid dream I didn’t want to be standing in the dark having to deal with “not that fun stuff” so I closed my eyes and shouted “Disappear!” hoping this person would vanish. He didn’t vanish but changed into someone else. I got confused and angry so I kicked this new person (who I also knew but not really well) very hard. I woke up…

Anyway that night I remembered all my other dreams too. One of them was dealing with someone who had a massive knife one inch away from my eyeball about to stab me…

Thanks to everyone who helped me even though you might not know it - I have learnt so much.

PS: I just realized that the headlights in the taxi are like lights in any dream - not working correctly when someone turns them on! Such a massive dream sign right there…

Thank you zeroexe for your account! :smile: It always gives a great pleasure when people say we may have been some help to them. :happy:

This is strange, another LD last night…in my 3rd-4th week.

I like it.