Anyone else had experience with extremists?

Hi Bruno, thanks.
Estamos aí rsrs

I know that thing of 90% can sound a little whatever to somebody.
But if someone don’t undertood what I was saying, please talk to me directly.
I can explain with very clear terms why I think that way.

See ya.

it actually sounds like the Matrix where most people will accept reality if given a chance, at least on a subconscious level, to reject it, with the lovely caveat that some 1% will actually choose to reject the matrix. the whole robots & virtual reality scenario apart (it’s lovely, but it’s just sugar on top of a philosophical discussion), i think that’s very much the case, yes. not just that, but i think we did that to ourselves, we veiled reality.

i think we’re saying the same thing in two different ways, here man. the thing is, most people, say some 90%, will give in to language, accept it unexamined at all times. some other 10% will doubt it, try to see beyond the words, try to learn and manipulate them, get themselves out of their jail. but really, only 1% — probably even less — can actually grasp what’s going on, understand that it is their own mind that’s holding them behind, and proceed to try overcoming themselves in the most radical sense. (i say 1% realise — as opposed to achieve — because i personally haven’t quite achieved that, and i wouldn’t know how to tell whether someone else did or did not, but seems to me that there are 1% who are at least trying).

sounds like we have an agreement? estamos aí! rs.

Aye… Why can people not just accept things? I remember one time I mentioned my communist ideals, (i’m a mix of communist and anarchist, really) and got called a “commie pinko rat bastard”. Among other things,

But, yeah, I get what you mean, and it’s sad to think people have to create some sort of illusion of uncertainty about anything different.

Wow. With that picture seems like I’m talking to the resurrected John Lennon hahaha
Yey Matrix trilogy is the best movie ever! That’s a really excellent allusion to my point of view.
What did you mean saying it’s just sugar on top of a philosophical discussion?
So let’s make a thread for that. I’m in, if it haven’t been made up yet.
Interesting your view about language. I don’t understood quite well what are you trying to say exactly with language. Are you talking about lack of interpretation issues, things like that?

swamij.com/stages-enlightenment.htm
Note the illustration :
“Like it or not, the further one travels in a journey, the more he is a minority.”

Yea Eyelids, really good article there.
I appreciated the stages/levels of consciousness mentioned.
Think it’s really like that.
Thanks for sharing.

it is really like that

people are extremists because extreme motions in the form of demons move through the ignorant and uneducated.

i mean you’re a King, you make up a fairy tale, and people think its true, so they go mine gold for you, you know? but then even further, people make up fairy tales, to give to the King, and the King believes them.

I like Aslan.

Dealt with religious extremists (Islamic and Christian), needless to say they helped me on my way to sanity.

Also dealt with Nazis, but they were teenage, basement-dwelling pussies and disappeared once noticed and faced by everyone else.

I don’t care about them as they have no authority over me, my life, or anything else. And if they still think they do I kindly invite them to go and have sex with themselves.