Are you a natural? - Part II

I think we’re all naturals… just some of us forget how, or get conviced that its nonsense by others who forgot how to dream or dream lucidly…

You said nearly the same thing I said in Dreamveiws xD.

I think the more accurate title would be “Are you still a natural?”

Yes, I remember one lucid dream from when I was a little child. I had a book in front of me and in it were dreams that i could choose to “live”. It was so exciting, I can still remember the dreams :smile:

I taught myself lding as a child to combat nightmares it was like fear was my RC, “am i scared?” “yes” “then im dreaming, screw you monsters.” At one point i was seeing what else i could do and i gave myself a false awakening. i thought it would be cool if i woke up one morning and i hadn’t actually woken up and something cool would happen and what do you know that night i had a dream and when i woke up i looked around and started to get up then BAM! monster flying at me, then i woke up for real and just laughed to myself that it worked. But it soon left me and i suck at lding now but trying to get back into it.

I’m not a natural LDer. Actually, I just started trying it for like… 2 weeks. I’ve had one LD, but it wasn’t really spectacular!

Reviving this dead thread since I haven’t been to this forum in yearsss, but I’ve been naturally lucid dreaming all my life. I remember my favorite dream as a kid 20+ years later. I didn’t even know I dreamed differently than other people until I was in my early 20s, and I think that’s when I found out what lucid dreaming was, and I found this board. Back then I was interested in learning about the subject, now I’m interested in learning how to stop them, if that’s possible. I’m exhausted.

I don’t even remember when my first LD was.I’ve had them for as long as i can remember. I didn’t know what LD was until like 2 years ago. I always thought it was normal so i never really bothered to talk about it or anything. i guess maybe that’s kindof why i can do absolutely anything i want in my LDs with little or no resistence, is because when i was little i didn’t really know much difference between what was not possible and what was in real life. so i started ignorant and it’s just kindof grown in now. i guess i was lucky.

I know it’s because it’s been so long but I can barely remember recalling dreams in the first place when I was younger. I only really remember the nightmares! Sleeping/dreaming hasn’t been a priority of mine until about 6-7 years ago :smile:

I am not a natural, but I would LOVE to be one. Good thing LDing is a skill eh :smile:

Yep, I had them all the time! I would acknowledge it was a dream mostly, and I’d force a wake up but sometimes my SC would glue me to the ground and watch me suffer a nightmare, because I had a lot of fears. But now since I LD, I can control it.

I remember I had about 10 lucid dreams between the ages of 7 and 13, after which was when I first learned about lucid dreaming. Almost all of them came from nightmares except maybe a couple of them. I can remember most of them fairly well because at the time I thought they were very well worth remembering. Unfortunately my control was very limited at the time.

When I was young, there was a small period where I would get them pretty often but after I had 3 I didn’t get anymore until now. Might have been because I was so terrified of dreams back then, most of the dreams I remembered where nightmares. Then I hated them, but now I find them cool, after I wake up at least.

No way I’m a natural, I wish I was though.

I suppose I am one but years of depression and some other things have distracted me from any kind of dreaming.

As I wrote in the introduction thread, I remember having lucid dreams since early childhood. I used to be able to control most of them, but sometimes I just went with whatever the dream had to offer. I remember telling my cousins that before I go to bed, I visit a little shop in my head, where I “buy” whatever dream I wanted to have that night, and I claimed that by holding their hand while going to that shop I could buy dreams for them too. Then I would imagine myself entering a little red car and storming off into white light, as I was falling asleep. I had problems irl, though, because I was constantly questioning my surroundings, not sure of whether I was still inside a dream.

Yes i am a natural( as you call them) but never had them when i was a child?

I remember a lucid dream I had when I was younger. Can’t remember how old, but pretty young.

Most of the dream is lost to me now (but that part was not lucid anyways), I do remember I was in some random relatives house playing with a toy truck. I sort of looked around and came to the realization that the house was sort of a mix of several houses I was in before. I quickly realized that this was impossible so I must be dreaming.

I remember thinking that this was really amazing, and even came to the realization that I could do anything I wanted, nothing was impossible in a dream! I thought about what I wanted to do most in the entire world. Then I looked at the truck I was playing with, and thought “this is an awesome truck, I’m completely happy just playing with this truck”.

So it was, I became lucid, realized I could do anything, but choose to continue in the same direction I was going while non lucid. In my defence, it was a really awesome truck.

Never been Lucid when i was Young :’(

i completely understood every thing you said there , although iv never had one as a child the way you explained how you knew you were dreaming(you said this is immposible so it must be a dream ) is some thing iv said to my self many many times, in with u my friend on the rally awsome truck, just remember your dreams arnt dreams anymore THERE YOU!!

I often just sit on a chair in my dreams content in the fact that i know its a dream and in quite happy to be here, just soaking the awsome feeling of KNOWING

As far back as I can remember, I’ve gone through phases where I have lucid dream after lucid dream, then just normal dreams. When I first found this site I read about the techniques you can use to self induce lucid dreaming, I tried them a few times and they do work for me, although I found on my first attempt to lucid dream (which proved unsuccessful) about a week later, I had very lengthy lucid dreams for about 4 or 5 nights in a row.