Been doing MILD for a month, any advice?

I’ve been using some sort of modified MILD technique that involves meditating to clear my mind of thoughts, then reciting a mantra. I use intent, and it always feels like after I’m done I WILL have a LD. But I don’t.

I’ve done this almost all of the last 30 days, but I haven’t had any lucid dreams. When I first started doing the technique, I had dreams ABOUT lucid dreams, though.

Should I keep going, or mess about with another technique?

Mantras, setting intentions… They can be difficult to work with because they are so… intangible… Check out my tutorial on SSILD which is a modern technique and has helped thousands of people to succeed very quickly. Hope it helps: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

Also: You may have come to expect MILD not to work. If that’s the case, as with any technique, it won’t work.

In the realm of the mind, expectation plays a great deal in your success rate. You have to ensure yourself that you believe, expect, and, most importantly, know that you will have success.

My best advice is for you to do what feels right. If you feel MILD will never work, move on, because that feeling is telling you it won’t as you don’t believe it will.

cosmic.iron:

I’ve tried using SSILD but I’ve had no success. I get up after four or so hours of sleep, try the cycles, and end up falling asleep, or if I’m far too awake, I never end up going back to bed.

Scipio Xaos:

Well, that’s the thing… Because I decided to do it one day, without use of a structured guide, I expect it will work. I go to bed with the mantra seemingly automatically repeating in my head. I make sure that I put meaning behind every word. But I get nothing.

Anyway, thanks for the help, both of you.

Ok, here’s what I do with MILD and when I’m able to do it properly (that is, not get easily distracted by what I need to do that day, school/work, etc) it works wonders. I slap myself in the face every time I realize I’ve forgotten about this. Anyway, this is what I do:

1- Wake up in the early morning (for me it works best in the late hours of the morning. if it doesn’t work I just keep trying every time I wake up and it ends up working at some point).
2- repeat my mantra 3 times each time focusing more on a specific part: “the next time I’m dreaming I will remember to recognize I’m dreaming”. I repeat the part in bold really focusing on what “the next time I’m dreaming” means". Since I’m sleepy it’s hard some times, so I end up repeating the mantra a few more times. Then I focus on the second part, still a bit aware of the first part “I will remember”. What does remembering mean? remember to do something in the future… when? when I’m dreaming next. Then the last part “to RECOGNIZE that I’m dreaming”.
3- this is the most important part, I believe. After repeating my mantra like this and sure I’ve absorbed the meaning completely I completely clear my mind and relax, trying to focus on nothingness in my mind. Sometimes it’s as if I were trying to dive into a mental sea of nothing with my mind first. It’s weird, but anyway… the important part is the clear mind after the mantra as the mantra is the last thing you thought about.
4- I’ll then have a WILD, enter a ND and get lucid, or a strange mixture of both. If it doesn’t work and I end up thinking about random stuff before falling asleep, I go back to step 2 and keep repeating it.

Not sure this will help, it may be a very personal tech… but since you’ve been trying MILD for a month maybe you can try this slightly different approach :tongue: let me know if it works for you!!

I’m sorry it didn’t work for you. Did you check out the latest tutorial? It has been improved significantly. Also very interesting is this thread: dreamviews.com/attaining-luc … -days.html . One can learn quite a bit from it.

mattias: Thank you! That is an interesting take. I’ll have to try it!

cosmic.iron: Yes, I read your new technique; I realized that I was performing the cycles wrong.

I will definitely have to start using the technique again!

Thanks to both!