Bringing things from dreams to RL?

Hi,

I think it is possible, but not in an obvious or material way.

I think we can experience and find things out in dreams which we can then manifest in real life. So it is not perhaps in the way that the original question was meant, but nonetheless the dream is telling us something about real life which is true.

I just realised that my signature says something a little bit like this!

Dreams are a meta level of reality, symbols, and symbols can work at many different levels. It is the essential core meaning which is important, which is why a dream won’t come true without love in it, for love is the most essential and highest reality.

Even real life is a dream in some sense. A semi veridical hallucination, a hologram which our brain constructs on the basis of experience, like a scientific hypothesis.
CC

Time for my own $0.02 i believe. :smile: If you think about it, somewhat along the lines of Claire’s last paragraph, all reality is is a construct of the mind to make sense of raw sensory input. The way it does this is basically created by the structure of your brain (For those of you intersted in how that works, read up on Neurons and Neural Nets). Therefore, since a dream occurs in your mind, and can, to a degree, effect the structure of your brain, its technically possible to bring something from a dream to your reality. However, i believe this would more closely resemble schizophrenia then actually materializing dream objects.

You can also look at this from the Chaos theory angle, which Lizard King seemed to try to cover, though I shudder at both the word Magick being involved in science, as well as spelling it Magick. :smile: Anyways, if you do that, its technically possible to do so, just highly improbable.

Lastly, you can extend any and all of the Multiverse theories to cover the subject if you stretch them. In this case, You might somehow effect the path which your reality takes along the chain of universes, which would theoretically allow you to switch through universes until you reached one with the dreamed item in real life.

-CK

it may be very possible to create things in the near future through dreaming, and bring things to yourself

We bring emotions from our dreams to reality all the time, don’t we? And I have many times woken up after eating something in a dream only to still be able to taste it though I am fully awake.

And as Claire was talking about, being able to recreate something from your dream is also bringing something back in one way, bringing your thoughts and creations from within the dream.

I dont think its possible to bring materail things from your dream to our reality but non-material things you can ofc. This works, though, other way around so that you can take things with you into your dream. Like a clock for reality checks, compass to navigate in dream world and other useful things :wink:

I’ve tried a few times bringing stuff back… grasping it in my hand as tight as possible… one time i thought i had succeeded but it turned out i was just clenching my fist so tight that it felt like i had something in my hand when i didn’t :sad:

So I doubt it’s possible but heck i’ll still keep trying anyway :wink:

You can’t materialize objects out of nothing. Doing that would violate very basic laws of science that say you cannot create matter or energy, only change their forms. I know this forum is for exploring strange things that push the limits of the mind, but dream objects don’t really exist, so you can’t take them out of your mind. However, thoughts and emotions can stay with you, which is very cool.

Those who are into astral projection (like me :astral: ), believe that dreams are just as real as this physical world, only in another plane of existence. From that point of view, bringing something from a dream into “real” life would only be a matter of lowering the object’s vibration frequency to the material world oscillations. So yes, I do think it’s possible. Do I recommend walking out on your job & lying in bed all day trying to make money appear? No.

I dont think we can really use science and the basic laws of conservation to disprove this idea, because there are alot of things out there that already go against those phyics laws. For example, what does the law of the conservation of energy say about telekenisis and other phychic abillities? Personally, I think that it might be possible, but its probably too difficult for anyone to attempt.

Talent. You can definitely bring that back from a dream. Not necessarily flying. But if you dreamed you were writing a book or playing piano. That may just be enough to spark your creativity and curiosity in the real world. I mean I did exactly that… brought an idea/ talent back through means of conscience dream control. And 7 years doing that talent, made me realize a greater purpose to dreams, and sleep in general.

What about posting on a topic here?
Or is it impossible?
I never watched a LCD screen in dreams :razz:

Maybe empty the trashbin, and see what happened next morning :open_mouth:

according to string theory, there are an infinite number of universes, where, theoretically, everything happens, so if you COULD shift yourself through universes with your mind, you could do absolutely anything!

Which i happen to think would be pretty dang cool. In a certain universe, gravity could appear to not exist, because of the incredible amount of quantum mechanical changes going on. Just as an example. Which i still think would be pretty cool.

A friend of mine who I trust told me that once he dreamed about walking on a sandy beach. When he woke up he found some sand on his bed.
He is pretty sure that there was no sand when he was going in bed.

I’ve tried to bring some objects from LD to RL a few times. No success so far. But they were all made by people. I was grabbing whatever was closer, kids toys for example :smile:
May be next time I should try to bring something natural, like sand, hair, leaves or stones… Sounds like a good idea! I’ll try!

We can’t make the mistake of using Quantum Mechanics for justifying pseudoscience. See also: The Secret.