caffeine

Hey guys, it seems like every time I try to wild I can’t even make it to sleep paralysis, or at the very least my hands go numb before I fall unconscious.

I have read that caffeine can keep your mind more awake, what do you guys think? I don’t want to get addicted to the stuff and I’d rather be successful without any “outside help” but I want to wild very badly.

You can try a small amount and see if it helps. Just get a bottle of coke or pepsi and drink a glass and see if that help you with your WILDing. But the natural way is best in the long run, you just have to keep your mind focused hard enough so you don’t fall asleep unconsiously. Rememeber that the goal is after all to fall asleep :tongue:

Sometimes, it helps me if I get really sleepy, so sleepy that i am almost falling asleep, and then drink cola. I fall asleep even if the cola is trying to keep me awake, and it becomes easier to notice HI, etc.

yeah, I think it’d work only if you’re really sleepy, otherwise you’d be awake all night.

This nearly worked for me once, I had been to the Star Wars premire (No. 3) and had WAY too much coffe (I now have a minor psycological allergy as a result) So when I got back it was 2:30 amand I had benn up since 4 am I lay down and almost instantly felt myself going numb and paralysed, unfortunately I didn’t know about WILD back then and got scared, I aborted and then couldn’t get to sleep for another 3 hours, later on when I tried WILD and had a near success I realised what that had been.

I don’t know. I see how the caffeine would relate but I wouldn’t have thought that it would enhance it more.

to me coffee has positive results, for example a cup of coffee few hours (1-3) before il go sleep seems make me fall asleep faster, and when i dont drink any coffee i have slight insomnia sometimes… but it cant work for everbody, but feel free to give it try…

Doesn’t caffeine keep you awake?

It does not have to. The only thing caffein does is increase your heart rate. But i think it is rare that it makes yoy sleep betetr.

But Snowman caffein might help. But dont eat lots of dood wich contains huge amounts of energy before you drink coffe. since caffein only enhances the heart rate, you must have a suply of energy to make you high. But if you dont eat annything you might actualy feel sllepy and if you take huge amounts of caffeine you may feel sick and have chest pain and may experience difficulties breathing.

Butr hey give it a try duuude.

Worked for me every time (since I couldn’t sleep anyway). Try WBTB and drink coffee right before going to bed on the second or third attempt. You also should have a lot of dreams in a short period of time.

Look into mental stimulants like Gingko Biloba, Gotu Kola, Korean Ginseng, etc.

Caffeine might work for lucid dreaming (I can’t assert this), but it’s a really shitty drug overall.

hjum… did i just see you mocking caffeine (coffee)… if you did, then you deserve this…

/me slaps hyperion

i drink nothing but coke and as a result my average time going to bed is around 5 am :tongue:

I drink alot of coffee and I’ve come to think it seriously effects your dream recall and dreams in general (negatively).

Yesterday I had only two cups all day, not only was I more energised, my dreams were much more vivid and my recall was back to what I’m used to.

So in all honesty using caffine could be a BAD idea, maybe try it as a one off, but becareful. If you don’t normally have lots of softdrinks/coffee/tea then you may get good effects doing it say once a week. Just watch your intake, for me it’s very negative, but like I said I do drink alot of coffee so it doesn’t help.

If caffeine really does increase dream recall then i think i can put my near enough everynight i go to sleep im guaranteed to have dream recall down to my obsession for coke!

I’ve always known that caffeine brings energy, so i never thought that it would be useful in sleep related things. Also 've heard that caffeine hurts the REM’S you have while its still your system. But then again the other night i had a fair amount of caffeine that night before going to bed and recalled a dream. The last night i made the effort of not drinking any caffiene 5 hours before i went to bed and i can’t remember a single dream. So i still think its not the best thing for sleep or dreaming, but it seems kind ineffectual either way. That is unless you did what me and another did by using massive amounts of pop mainly to stay up later and ended up falling asleep for six hours (6 hours being good enough regularly) and woke up completely unrefreshed and heavy feeling. Kind of like all i did was lay in one position for 6 hours.

Caffeine effects my dreaming positively (Unless I don’t drink any in >3 days), so I guess it varies for different people.

I would be to scared to have a cup of coffee before bed time, it would in fact keep me up all night. Ill stick to tea before bedtime. :smile:

From personal experience I can say, scary heart rate, sweating, extreeme hyperactivity, took me 8 HOURS to get to sleep, anxiety and more. DON’T DO IT!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

I still can’t face the smell of coffee.

Nothing wrong with small amounts but don’t have a large amount.

ummm, you drank 5 liters of coffee or took 10 caffeine pills?

i have no problems with sleeping even thou i might drink 0,5l-1l of coffee…