Can anyone help me with my problems?

I usually get a LD once or twice a week without really trying, which is pretty cool but I have a few problems.

1. Little control. Ive tried soooo many times to “summon” an item or person into a dream. I just cant seem to get it to work.Ive tried shouting “so and so will be behind that door” and such , but no dice. Also I cant seem to do anything very cool. I can fly, and sometimes walk through walls but thats about it. How can i learn to throw fireballs and crap? =P Any tips?

2. Length. They are usually pretty short, and spinning dosnt really seem to help when I can feel the dream going away. Any other things to try?

3. Sex. Everytime I try to have sex with or even kiss someone in a LD after a few seconds the person seems to fade away. I then wake up soon after. Once again, any tips?

1: i don’t know, maybe scream that you want more controll,
2: this is completely natural, deams only last 5/10 minutes, they rarely are annything longer
3: i don’t know cos i have no experience watshowever(?)

You say that you get 1 or 2 LD’s a week without “really” trying?

The best advice that I can give you is “really” try next time :wink:

1. instead of shouting that someone’ll be behind the door next time scream something like “lucidity 100%” or “increase lucidity” As far as the fireballs go I have no clue even though my hands were on fire in the last LD that I had on Friday.

2. try rubbing your hands together, either by itsself or while spinning.

3. Try to make it someone you know IRL to start with then you can move on to the movie stars and cartoons whatever turns you on :wink: .

If you wake up try to think about that person while you are going back to sleep works for me.

Hi Seenco! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

1. Theorically, all is possible in dreams. The problem comes generally when you doubt about it. If you experience such problems, you often have to trick your dream, transforming an object in another for instance, or finding it in your pocket, etc. About fireballs, you perhaps could try to yell “Kamehameha!” like Sangoku… :grin:

2. Another lenghtening technique is looking at your hands from time to time. If your dreams fades or you lose visuals, rub your hands.

3. I don’t know. You perhaps will find some answers in this thread: Sex, kissing, etc. in dreams

No it depends on what REM cycle you are in, the later ones last longer then 10 minutes, so in theory you canhave dreams that last like 20 to 30 minutes then (depending on how you keep track of what 1 dream is).

Xetrov is right I have had a dream that lasted for 45 - 1 hour in the later REM cycle it lasted about 3 months in dream time.
Some of it was Lucid some of it was not.
As a matter of fact I am typing it down in Mirosoft Word now I am going to start a DJ on the forum so it’ll be the first one that I enter

one technique that I love, to conjure up new dream scenes, or items or whatever… is to… simply, close your eyes in your dream, then imagine a new dream scene with whatever items, people, or whatever it is that you want, then… simply enter this new scene. No need to re-open your eyes (dunno if opening them might cause to wake up).

hmm, i’m actually wondering now, if doing this in a dream, might help you in WILD’ing. Maybe if you capture the feeling of creating a new dream scene from closed eyes, it could render you more familiar with what it’s like to WILD. Anyone have any ideas on this?

1. In gaining more control, you should start of small. Also, before you goto sleep, have an idea already planned out what you want to do in the dream. What you might get may not always be what you expect… but if LDs were so predicatble, then they would’nt be any fun! :tongue:

2)Just want to reiterate the hands. Look at them and rub them together… works well for me.

1. I have a similar problem, and in the last LD I was tempted, and I really didn’t want to because it would ruin my dream… but the DCs insisted!! Stupid DCS!! :grrr:

I’m not too experienced with LD, so my word may not matter, but on the sex/kissing thing, I think it may be that, you get really exited (who wouldn’t be exited when their about to get laid by their litteral ‘dream girl’ ? lol)and all that exitment wakes you up

my two cents

good luck

Hey!

Good for you, having so many LD’s without really trying is a real gift. Enjoy it! :wink:

The problem with control you experience in your dream is probably caused by doubt, as someone already said here. If you fully believe something is going to happen, it will happen. What works for me is to imagine the way in which something happens.

For example: i was trying to fly, but it didn’t work, i just hovered above the ground a couple of inches. Then i imagined that if i would run and jump, some form of invisible jetstreams would come out of my footsoles and push me into the sky superman-style. I tried to really feel the push of the jetstream, and it worked a treat!

As for intimacy and other exciting stuff… the excitement is likely to wake you up (similar to what happens when you have your very first LD… you get really excited because you got it to work and then you lose your lucidity immediately). I think you just need to practice on not getting too excited (how strange that might sound). You can get aroused without stressing yourself.

Good luck!!

• Gerben