Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part IX

@Spyink That’s awesome :content:

Next time you talk to Ocean as you fall asleep, why don’t you ask her if she could help you become lucid in your next dream. I bet she’d be happy to help if she’s already been with you in LD’s before.

Hey, I’m not sure if we’re not supposed to post here anymore, as it’s been inactive since 2014, but I’m interested in trying this. My question is whether I can do this with characters that already exist. I don’t feel that making up my own character will be very effective compared to using a character I already know and love, such as characters from a show or game. Alternatively, is there a thread for flushing out your characters with other people? I’m sorry if there are and I did not find them. I searched CALD in the google search as well as the forum search, but mainly I found the closed discussions that existed before this thread.

Hey Ryuka, hope you’ll still see my late response. :happy: Yep, using existing characters is very much possible. IMO even somewhat easier, since you save yourself the effort to come up with or wait for the character’s personality to develop on its own.

If you do have the time, reading through some of the old threads, posts and tutorials/guides about CALD is worth it. :nod: There is the Character Chat in the Playground, though you’ll find it abandoned, sadly. If you’re looking for some more user activity, going to the tulpa community (see last page) would probably be your safest bet. It’s not the same as CALD, but it might serve as a way to get faster and vaster feedback from other people.