Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part V

Wow ^^ Welcome back,
And it’s great to hear you still have Des and ‘Thun’!
I’m actually quite jealous, I rarely get to see my character in-dream, but I remember when I did it was quite exhilarating! :slight_smile: Lucky girl.

I quite agree with you when it comes to the forgetting about characters… It can be hard when you create something new to keep interest, as sometimes things just… become mundane.
That can lead to vanishing chars :C

Hopefully, new insights can be made into the preservation of interesting concepts for chars-- and the characters themselves :C

Great to hear from you! ^^ The old hag reminds me of what sometimes happens during false awakening :S

Don’t worry Talon, they’ll vist you soon =D
I realise that the only time I get to see those two/ or one actually is actually whenever I’m in trouble O_O.
Actually, I don’t get to see them very often since I rarely get nightmares.

Characters are, in my opinion, pretty easy to vanish, the cause mostly comes from lack of communication and as time goes by the character starts to sort of erodes away. Leaving almost nothing. I believe if one person tries hard to revive that “dead” character, it is actually possible but like Talon said, you’ll need to start from scratch and build the bond once again :3 After that, please remember not to forget your characters cause they are always there for you in time of need so it’s only right to be there for them too XD At least that’s what I learnt from Des and Thun, thanks to these two cute boys, I became much more chattier in school! XD

Yup, the old hag is scary O_O

Very well put! C:
I don’t think I could have said it any better.
I think we should ask other about their input on having characters last, so that we can give more comprehensive advice!

Does any one else have any pointers?

~Tal

well, i made a new character. :handshake: i’m going to do my very best to keep a good relationship with him :hugs:, and if i get good at lucid dreaming, i can try to find bobby/jack/end and see what went wrong. :look:

his name is Crooked–more like the original source, where my name came from. i actually didn’t mean to name him that, but he’s okay with it. :tongue:

he’s a squid. mostly a purple-ish blue, with the top of his head [the fin thing :lol:] and his two longer tentacles being a darker purple with blue polka-dots.

he shall introduce himself later. right now, gotta start talkin’ to him. :happy:

Good luck to you both! C:
You always have interesting concepts for characters ^^, certainly outside of the box.

May you both be happy C:

Hmm… I came up with a character a while ago since I found this thread interesting, but I kinda forgot about him after a few days. Now I’m hoping that he’ll be kind enough to show up, and if not, there’s a new person. He was quite talkative the first day or so but he’s been a bit quieter the last day or two… dunno why…

Caleb: That’s because you haven’t been listening to me!

Are you sure yelling at me is the best way to motivate me?

Caleb: It’s likely, and you seem to think so yourself.

True enough.

Caleb: Now go do what you’re supposed to be doing already. -_-

I guess the yelling will have to work. xP See ya all later!

Hey there ZRVera! C:
Welcome to CALD! I hope you guys are doing better now, and sorry for the late reply . ^^;
You’re both always welcome at the Character chats(there is a link in my sig)! I would suggest heading down to go interact with other people and their characters C:. It’s a good place to be!

Anyways, we’re always happy to hear how you guys are doing, so pop in when you feel like it, ok? C:

Hope to see you both at the chats!
~

Wee ~ New member~! Welcome!

Hehe I find that CALD is pretty related to the film I just watched, ‘Shark Boy and Lava Girl’
The main character, Max dreamt up Shark Boy and Larva Girl and wrote them in his dream journal. One day there was a hurricane near his school and he somehow fell asleep and became lucid. Max met up with both the characters he dreamt of and they went on a crazy adventure to save Planet Drool (The planet he created where both his characters live).

See the connections? :tongue:
We are sorta like Max, we made our characters up and we interact and go on crazy adventures too in dream or not(or am I the only one who does that? XD)
It’s kinda cool to watch a film relating to both lucid dream and character creations XD Just have to share it ~

Awesome-sauce! C:

That’s pretty cool-- you’re lucky to get to go on awesome adventures with your chars. I never get to do that-- Most of my crazy dream adventures are solo, or with someone other than my chars…

If you’re up to it, you could post some of your adventures on the CALD dream journal in my sig. C: It can be fun to share those, plus it’ll be documented for you to look at later :stuck_out_tongue:

Caleb and I started to get along after a bit… then he got a whole lot quieter and it was hard for me to find him. Then I talked to my SC yesterday and he said he kicked Caleb out since he wasn’t good for me. He explained that it would’ve been hard for me to separate him and Caleb anyway (which is pretty true). My SC is saying I can create more characters, but they have to be safe for me to talk to. I’m kinda at a loss now for characters…

I guess my problem was that I didn’t give him his own home world… I guess I need to make a world for any new characters to live in so they can still cross over into this world. The problem is… I have way too many worlds going on already. :tongue: So, we’ll see if I can find any new characters.

Cool! I’m sorry about Caleb, but that’s an interesting connection between your subconsciousness and you C:

I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it soon, you’re the master of your own world, right?

Wow, you have lots of worlds created already? C: Concerning what?
Is there anything stopping you from placing characters on any of those places?

Most of them are worlds for stories I’m writing or want to write. Some are from dreams, some not. Some have a few characters already, so maybe I can look for some of the worlds that don’t have any and see if that works. ZRVera is from the main one that I’m writing, and I’m often either there or in an RP world that I have with some friends. I may as well call it a challenge and look for a world to put some characters in and see how it goes, of course while talking to my subconscious to see if everything’s all right. :tongue:

And thanks. I’m trying to start talking to my SC more… he really IS right. Guess it shouldn’t surprise me, though. :lol:

Aww…sorry about Caleb. Hehe your SC indeed is right! You can always create more characters to interact with but that means you gotta get busy building up the bonds~

Wee~I’ve recently tried getting the “nightmare catcher group” (Des,Thun,Guardian,Spirit) to wake me up on time without using an alarm clock. True enough, it worked!
The first try was set at getting me awake at 9.30am, the next morning I woke 10 minutes earlier naturally without an alarm clock.

For the second try, they woke me up 2 minutes earlier but woohoo I can’t believe it worked XD

Waking without an alarm is quite cool C: As a note, you can do so without characters, but characters certainly do help-- I did it a few times with the help of Ghost C:

I was working with my SC yesterday, and now I’ve hopefully come up with three new characters. I created a world for them that has a lot to do with dreaming and lucid dreaming, so hopefully it’ll work better this time.

Dream Guardians
“Don’t give in to the dream. Don’t let it become reality.”

Nobody knows how it happened, but the line between dreams and reality is slowly disintegrating. The only ones who can prevent this from happening are the Dream Guardians. There are three Guardians per person, and though they exist only in that person’s mind and dreams, they are quite real. Their job includes protecting their individual from dream dangers and letting the individual know they are dreaming so dreams and waking life can be kept separate. They work as a team but may be seen separately. They are a few years older than the person they protect since they needed time to get to know each other and prepare for their person. The three Dream Guardians each have abilities different from the others, which is why they often stay together in the team.

Enaku
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5’ 4"
Weight: 144 lbs
Enaku is calm and rather quiet. For some strange reason, he is a year older than the other two. His abilities include removing dream characters and dream objects from the dream. If something becomes too troublesome, he will kick it out of the dream. He fights only if it is needed, and is one to be serious most of the time.

Mora
Hair Color: Blue
Eye Color: Violet
Height: 5’ 6"
Weight: 125 lbs
Mora is more extroverted than Enaku. Her strange hair and eyes don’t bother her, as they help the person to maintain lucidity. Her main ability is assisting with transportation and memory. She doesn’t necessarily like to fight, but she will if there is perceived danger. However, she tends to serve as backup in the fights. Mora loves to joke, laugh, and explore.

Aren
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Gray
Height: 5’ 7"
Weight: 158 lbs
Aren is like Mora in that he loves to laugh and talk. He loves to fight, but he keeps that in check through his own efforts and the help of the other two. His specialties are fighting and, surprisingly, peacemaking. Most of the time he balances the two by fighting one DC and the next he’ll help make peace. He can also help explain symbolisms and meanings from the dreams. Enaku tends to keep Mora and Aren from getting their heads in the clouds too much.

So there’s the chars and their world. I hope it works out this time! =D

Fantastic! ^^ They certainly seem exciting, and the concept is no doubt interesting.

I like that you worked out something functional for all of them C: It’s all rather well integrated.

Nice characters! ^^ I should try something like that too… :tongue: maybe make one to help me get lucid and one to keep me lucid :happy: or something like that…

Three cheers to the dream guardians! XD

Hehe I refer Des,Thun,Guardian and Spirit as my dream guardians too XD Just that they protect me from nightmare :3

Des and Guardian were the first two selected DGs(About 3 years in now =O) before Thunzar joined in(Last year) and the latest DG is Spirit(Few months)~the very …ungentlemanly half wolf half human
Wow, I just realised that I had Des and Guardian for 4 years now.(Excluding his family which I’ve created at the same time XD)

Wow… that’s amazing ^^
Now that I think about it… I’ve had almost all of my characters around for nearly 6 years. Remarkable how time flies.

How did they all start out for you? ^^ Haha.

On an off subject (but still on topic), how many of you have dreamed of other people’s characters? I don’t know how many of you actually have family or friends that are into the CALD, but my brother is into it, and I once had a dream where I was going into my house and one of my brother’s characters was there (well, not exactly how it happened, but you can check it out in the CALD DJ if you’re interested). Any of your friend’s characters visit your dreams or vice versa?