confused

i have been reading about lucidity wanting to find out what it’s about, over the last few years i have a had a few wierd dreams.

these wierd dreams i have involve me feeling a strange energy and vibe, i am aware that i am dreaming, but the dreams i am having are pretty scary so i fight to wake-up, when i am fighting i cant feel or move any part of my body then suddenly i wake up,

this happened a handfull of time to me over the past 2 years and usually happens between 2:30 to 4:30 am

so was i having a lucid dream, or was it just another bad dream

and also is there an idiots guide to lucid dreaming??

Welcome to LD4all Eddizle!

Yes, those were lucid dreams. Any dream in which you are aware you are dreaming can be considered a lucid dream.
It sounds as if you may have expireinced episodes of sleep paralysis, the brain “paralyzes” the body when it is dreaming, so that we do not act out our dreams in our sleep and accidently jackie chan the poor lady sleeping next to you (oops).

This forum is a great idiots guide to lucid dreaming. How else could i have made it so far ;o)

there are a wide variety of topics here in which you can find many resources that may help you. You might want to choose a one of the many techniques used to assist lucidity, I have the most success with WILD, but everyone has different tastes and strengths.
Check these links in the forum out, you may also want to head here To start a dream journal, or simply read others expiriences in lucid dreaming.
How to choose your technique
(check out the first steps into lucidity forum, great tips for beginners, experts and amateurs like myself there)
This is one of the sleep paralysis topics.

above all else, i would recommend going to www.ld4all.com and simply read the website to learn all you can about lucid dreaming and its techniques.

x

Hi Eddizle! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:
Don Quixote (el ingenioso caballero de la Mancha :D) ) is right. It seems you experienced sleep paralysis.

About a LD’ing guide, you can also read the Lucid Dreaming Wikibook.

thanks a lot for your help mates,