Conscious-cultivation of/with/by the Great Golden Light

moved from lounge to Beyond Dreaming :moogle:

Dear fellow lucid dreamers,

Has anyone experienced the Great Golden Light before or during sleep? If so, how has the Light enhanced or enriched your conscious expression?

I have read posts here and elsewhere that describe the perception of light upon retiring to bed. “Ignore them and wait, then they will disappear,” seems to be the rule. Yet, my experience doesn’t fit this model. Here’s my story:

I encounter the Light every time I meditate and (try) to practice an OBE/LD technique before falling asleep. I hedge the word “try” because sometimes the Light pre-empts my OBE/LD practice. This Light seemingly comes “from nothing” (there is no “starter” light, like the residue of staring at a light bulb), and instead grows brighter as I meditate. There have been instances when the Light finds me in my sleep, increasing in intensity and eventually waking me up. While the Light provides me immense peace and bliss, I want to engage it more fully but don’t know how. Is it possible to “partner” with the Light to jump-start my consciousness to a next level?

In only one instance that I can recall, the Light appeared to me in an OBE/LD. (I couldn’t tell which it was.) After appearing, I was able to relax and accept its presence–so much so that I seemed to travel inside it. To my amazement, there was the figure of a man looking back at me from deep within the Light! Regrettably (and how!), I wasn’t prepared for such a discovery, and in my startle I woke up. Regrettable, indeed.

In closing, does anyone recognize this Great Golden Light from personal experience? How can I cultivate the Light for increasing conscious awareness, be it OBE or LD? I appreciate genuine insights you may share.

I see some people read my original post, so I thought I’d share a related lucid dream I had last night:

While lucid (I just seem to “be” lucid, strange!), I was walking down the hallway at the laboratory where I work. While walking, I realized that this “I” actually embraces each individual “I” of the research staff; they are one in the same. A sense of thrill and electric light shot through me. On that understanding, I decided to expand my understanding where my “I” further encompasses the lab equipment (I distinctly embodied a flask), encompasses the lab, and the very hallway where I was walking. I lost sense of my body and my being, and became enwrapped in this Golden Light. Or I was the Golden Light. This expansiveness created such a joy that my awareness started to vibrate. I tried my best to contain it (I’ve felt it before), but I couldn’t and woke up.

Surely, I know all this talk seems surreal and strange (at best!). Does anyone relate to it?

Though I have a guess as to what you’re speaking of, you havn’t been clear on what this Golden Light actually is… I have never heard the term “The Great Golden Light” before.