Counting Fingers Technique

Last time I went to count my fingers, I saw my daughter’s tiny hands instead of my own. :eh: It worked though and I became lucid as a result :smile:

I remember one time I tried counting my fingers, I could not find my own hands. It was really frustrating, though eventually I realised I was dreaming… :wink:

Lol minako! its like “omg i have 5 fingers…wtf im dreaming anyways!”
:cool_laugh:

When you make those RC’s (the counting fingers is my favorite), do you first ask yourself, if you’re dreaming, looking around and being attentive? or do you simply skip that and count your fingers instantly, just knowing, that if you find more or less than five, you must be dreaming?

Regards,
Thomas

Quote—> I’ve never had more or less than 5 fingers on each hand in my LDs. If I realized I had more I’d probably start screaming and wake up… what a nightmare!

That’s what I thought when I first learned about LDing, I thought that I couldn’t handle seeing my hands messed up, or with extra fingers, but my first LD I did the hand RC and saw I had 6 fingers, and I didn’t even really care, I was so glad I had a LD I didn’t care what I looked like. I was glad when I overcame my ‘extra finger’ phobia because now I can enjoy LD’s without having to worry about looks, however scarry they are. I’m a bit mad at the counting fingers RC though, 2 days ago I did it in my dream and it didn’t work because I was in the 3rd person. My dream body said ‘that’s good that I’m not dreaming! I’d be so mad if I missed this dream sign!’ and went on with my dream :grrr:

thats what i do i just say “am i dreaming” then instantly count my fingers