Creating objects/people effectivly in dreams

For some reason I have insane problems creating people in my dreams. It seems that although I truly think I can and truly expect it, they dont appear even if i look behinde me, around a corner, or anything… I usually just run around looking and will eventually find it after a good 5mins, but then im wasting valuble dream time searching. Ive read various techniques about how to do it, but none of them seem to work for me. Have any of you had this problem and if so how did you learn to create thing. My dream control (getting things/people to do what i want) works great, but how do you effectivly create things?

if you can order things to do stuff then just order it to change into what you want that might work

If you’re trying to create a person, imagine that they are behind you. Then call their name. Your subconscious should have an easier time if you really do expect a response.

The only trouble I have is keeping things in correct proportions. It seems that my dreams take on a very surreal quality of form, much like a Dali painting.

For me, I seem to have to actually physically do or say something to bring the people there. (I don’t think I’ve really tried objects.) I usually try calling (doesn’t work too often, unless I do it for a long long time) or saying, “are you behind me?” or something like. However, making a specific person appear doesn’t work well for me. My best success so far was when I just gave up on getting the person I wanted, closed my eyes and pointed at a couch, and yelled, “SOMEONE’STHERE!!”

When i opened my eyes, lo and behold, there was. I don’t know who he was, but he was nice enough.

Instead of creating a person, or just expecting them to be around a corner, maybe you could try going to their house and knocking on (or busting down :smile: ) the door. This way, your sub-c already expects them to be inside.

Find a phone and call them if you seek any people.
If you seek certain objects; Call the pizza man! He’ll bring you everything you want, no matter what. If he says he needs money for it, then just say that it is your birthday! No DC would EVER demand money from you on your birthday.

But then the problem is:…Where can you find a phone…?
If your LD’s accurring at your house, you can just use your phone there, as it will mostly be there at any time.

Just to make you people sure about it: This is NO joke…ask anyone ever tried it.
The more experienced Ld’ers also know why, right?

If expecting them isn’t working, try knowing they’re there. :tongue:

Otherwise, try not visiting their world/house/whatever, get them to visit yours. Call them on a phone, get them to come through a mirror, be creative. :content:

Alright, I know this might not be the “best” way to do this, but I used to yell at things in my dreams when they don’t go my way lol. I have the same problem as you, I can’t materialize people or objects, and apparently turning around and expecting them to magically be there doesn’t work for me either, so instead I made a door and yelled for a person to come 3 times, and then they just walked in through the door. :smile:
Although nowdays I try to handle things a little bit more maturely… focus and concentrate, instead of yelling.

It seems to me though, that sometimes it’s better not to “push” your dreams. I notice that when I try to get or control something too much, I never succeed, but when I wish for it to appear “on a sidenote”, it always does. I was thinking “it would be cool if I had a mirror here”, instead of thinking “I’m going to make a mirror appear and it’s going to work!!” and I got my mirror. :smile: But maybe that’s just me…

Perhaps you could post a dream where you had this problem. It might help us figure out your problem out more.

It could be low lucidity so increasing lucidity could also help with this.

How many lucid dreams have you had before?

Another suggestion would be to work with what you have. In stead of trying to change too much in the dream, just go with the flow of the dream changing little things as you go along. The more experience you get with lucidity the better your control will get. With experience you will be able to summon up storms, people and even entire landscapes. You just have to take it a step at a time.

Good luck