Dictionary - explanations of Acronyms like LD RC etc

isn’t that more like a variation on reality checking though?

I would say it is.
Is is just like looking at your hands to see if they are different.

I think we’re going a bit too far with creating acronyms for everything. It makes it all less accessible to new members, who are very likely the most needy, having absolutely no idea about the whole thing yet. This could eventually reach a point where we don’t say acronym, but instead just ‘A’, and there will be acronyms for ‘night’ and for ‘bedroom’, and acronyms for ‘wake induced lucid dream with the aid of a small colourful dirigible tethered to the big toe of the right foot’, and another acronym for ‘wake induced lucid dream with the aid of a small colourful dirigible tethered to the thumb of the left hand’.
I think the acronyms at the top of this page are perfectly enough, and it certainly wouldn’t hurt to type the occasional thing out in full.
That’s what I think anyway.

The actual text in the first post says

but the pop up bubble says
Astral Projection - similar to Out of Body Experience - Out of Body Experience - Similar to a lucid dream but the person claims to be out of their body.

[color=red]with firefox it cuts off …[/color]
so i see

which isn’t helpful

Heres one i thought of in relation to the “Dreams within dreams” topic in General Lucidness

DreamVision/s(DV): A phenomenon where a dreamer experiences a “dream within a dream” or a moment where they have a fantasy/vision/hallucination (often visual) within a dream.

This would be say a moment in a dream where you are doing something (anything) and suddenly you have a short (usually) intense (also usually) vision/visualisation/fantasy/hallucination that is seperate from the situation you were in before but after which you return to the original location (im fairly sure that dosent usually happen in normal dreams after you go somewhere else possibly meaning that you remain in the location and visualise it rather than the standard “random teleport” of dreams.

I saw the acronym “FILD” somewhere. What does it mean?

It would be finger induced lucid dream.
Short tutorial:
FILD tutorial
Pathways topics:
[HILD] Hargart’s Induction Technique Log
The FILD tech (was HILD) - part II

SILD - Statement induced lucid dream - Using a statement in a lucid dream to make the dreamer have more lucid dreams.
:grin:

DGILD- dirty glasses induced lucid dream
you where a pair of cheap glasses that you filled in with a color sharpie to bed so you you might question why your vision is not say pink and then realize your dreaming/

The word NDE, cant you fix the explanation so it says: Near Death Experience- an experience where you feel like fading away from reality (GHOSTIE)

Just a suggestion :cool_laugh:

No, because that isn’t the definition of a NDE.