Different results WILDing after WBTB

Hello!
I was hoping some of you, being really good at this, had any insight :stuck_out_tongue: to kindly share!

So I’ve been experimenting with which time to WBTB for a week combined with WILD. Browsing the forums and practicing knowledge that is spread around has taught me a lot about myself and how to fall asleep faster. It used to take me about an hour to fall asleep most days. The art of Lucid Dreaming is having more impact on my life than I’d thought.

I have been successful with WILD and even one time I felt my body getting really heavy and I was so deep it felt like I was in a dark place with no body nor body sensations at all, it felt like bliss. Surprisingly, thinking, speaking and counting when falling asleep is possible! I assumed it would wake me up, that’s a strange realisation.

My question is about WILDing before bed and after WBTB. I’ve been doing it before bed, as practice for the real thing six hours later. I’m using this method about observing thoughts as they happen until they become chaotic and illogical. This works wonders before bed, but during my first awakening of the night, my mind is really relaxed and thoughtless. There is no thoughts to observe and carry me deeper and nothing happens. How do you manage this?