Different styles of flying

I really don’t know a good way to describe the way I usually fly. I guess the best way to put it is, it works as if I’m wearing a jetpack that moves with all six degrees of freedom. I don’t think much about doing it, really; it either works or it doesn’t, although speed can sometimes be an issue.

The awesome thing about the jetpack approach is that my hands are free. For example, I know I’ve flown backwards while shooting at DCs that were chasing me on one occasion.

Flapping your arms also works. I havent flown in an LD, but in several NDs I have done this. It isn’t very fast and it takes a bit of effort, but it was great (even though I only flew about two metres off the ground!)

The way I did this was to jump and then hold my body in the air and twist (?) then flap a bit.

I’ve flied on a tricycle. Fun but scary.

There are two ways I fly. Sometimes I fly as if against the wind, and I don’t transform. When I become lucid, I fly DBZ style. Yes, its awesome. A sword appears on my hip, usually a mix between a katana and a long sword, and it can split a hole in dimensions, although I know this, but never tried it, and once I sprouted wings, even though I don’t use them(aescetic puposes?). I feel the energy in my solar plexus chakra, and push down. Am very stable, but I actually have to push, and use energy.

How do you do this, push down? Usually when I fly in LD’s I get a annoying feeling there and it usually gets in the way of me flying and enjoying it :sad: If I could learn to use it that would be cool :smile:

This is what I do.

My Flying Techniques:

To go Faster:

When I’m already at a level I like, presumable not so far from the ground, and I want my speed to increase: The trick is to kind of imagine this huge force of energy pushing out of my feet, and to then increase that force. If I can imagine myself pushing more and more energy off of my feet, I go forward much faster. Kind of like a boat, that pushes the water backward from the back, in order to go forward. I keep my arms sideways sometimes, for leveling purposes and to change direction as I fly. Also, I can change speed just by using less energy to push forward.

To go Higher:
When I want to fly super high up, let’s say to try and reach the 4th story window which is open, and the rest of the building is closed: I start flapping my wings up and down, with the force accentuating downwards, in order to push me up. Again: kinda like I am underwater, and I am trying to get to the surface by pushing my arms down. I find that I have to have happy thoughts and mind-power in order to keep this working. Also, it’s annoying having to flap all the time, and keep oneself from falling to the ground. It’s als limited, height wise, I can only go up hmm about 4 stories high. Latel, however, i’ve just been using the boat version. Where I use force to push outwards from my shoes, which propels me forwards at great speed.

Recently, in a LD, I’ve used the “Neo” style for the first time. I’ve got very fast even if I was not far from the ground.

I fly superman (or in my case superwoman) style. If I’m lucid I can start flying immediately by floating off the ground. If I’m not lucid I usually have to take a running jump into the air or jump off of something with height. When I’m not lucid it’s much a little more difficult to continue flying than when I’m lucid. Although some of my more significant flying dreams have been when I was not lucid and trying to get away from a hostile DC. The next time I’m lucid I’ll try flying somewhere really interesting.

I was able to fly in my LD last night by eating something so that y back would sprout wings. I had butterfly wings! For a while, I concentrated on trying to control how to flap with my wings and once I did, I flapped as quickly as I could and I was lift up in the air. To hover at the right height, I slowed down my flapping and began to swim to push myself forward. Eventually, I could steer myself without swimming once I got the hang of it. I don’t know how to land safely yet. I just stopped flapping and plummeted to the ground, haha!

I like to fly IronMan style. That way, I have energy propelling me up from both my hands and my feet. Also allows me to hover or change directions on a dime. I don’t imagine myself in the suit. I just use the arc locations in my hands and feet as if I did have a suit. It also makes landing a lot more controlled…

I’ve actually flown on a clothes hanger before. On a clothes hanger! Check out “Crazy Streetfight” in my old DJ :tongue:

Also, I’ve flown on a green shell before. I can use even the lightest of objects to get me flying if I really need to.

I like to jump off something high then go spread eagle, but after i dont have anymore lift i feel an invisible platform beneath my feet to give me a boost and then go back to spread eagle so i have the speed and control, works very well for me. :fly:

The easiest way to fly for me would be air swimming. I tried the superman technique, that didn’t work at all. I tried flapping my arms, but all I did was jump up and slowly glide down. I tried air swimming, and it immediately worked, I could go any speed, any direction I wanted. If you’re having trouble flying, then try flying when you’re spider-man. I don’t know why, but flying is a lot easier when you’re spider-man.

My first dream I flew i just jumped up and took off idk if thats a technique or not

Thanks for ideas. Trying to gather all I can for the first LD. :smile:

That’s awaome! Have you tried flying on a broomstick? That’s what I do, to fly. It’s more confortable, but it’s like driving a car, you need control. :smile: Me flying on a green shell? hmm… Where do you go while flying? For me, I just go into the clouds, and race in the streets.

How do you airswim? And how do you like fly spider men? What do you do? i fly with a broomstick, so these are new to me.

To air swim is to just make swimming motions through the air. Its like swimming, but through air instead of water. And when I should probably elaborate with the whole spider-man thing. I find it a lot easier to fly if you’re a superhero (like spider-man), it doesn’t have to be spider-man, but I find web slinging to be a good way to get up in the air before you take off.

I Wanna fly like in the lynx ad, its bloody hilarious xD
visit4info.com/advert/Safe-F … ynx-Range/ 85270

Hm, that’s pretty much how I usually fly.

Minus the speed and altitude.

And control. And coolness.

Nevermind.