Different styles of flying

a good method is to combine the ‘Matrix’ style (in which Neo bends the air around him [NOT AIRBENDING] and pushes off) and the wings style, so you can accelerate and glide, plus go at high speeds

Recently I’ve gotten into the habit of gliding, Kingdom Hearts style. Less control than on a broomstick, but I can do it without having to spawn anything beforehand.

I tried to imagine having the carpet from Aladdin, such a stupid idea. I should have a real one instead cuz it didnt work >.<

Well I’m still pretty new at this but so far I’ve had two lucid dreams and they have been fantastic! Anyway the first thing I do when I become lucid, or actually even when I’m having a FLD, is I fly to the destination I want to go.

Flying is obviously a common thing to do in a LD but everyone seems to have a different method of getting airborne. What’s yours?

Mine is probably the simplest. All I have to do is flap my arms and just will myself into the air and voila!

Merged from similar topic in General Lucidness :dragon:

Only time I flew I just thought; “I’m gonna fly now!” and I did. I simply floated up in the air on pure will power, though I did slightly rais my arms for style :tongue:

I use a broomstick for now, I can’t fly on my own yet

i can barely jump never mind fly, gravity always seems to be much stronger in lucid dreams for me,

The first time I tried I jumped high in the air and landed with a thud.

The only other time I remember flying. I was wearing some device with wings, but I had to flap my arms. Didn’t work very long and I ended up in a Banjo Kazooie type landscape.

Flying was the first thing i did in a lucid dream. All i did was just jump normally and float then i will shout “SUPERMAN!!!” haha then i fly in full speed!

For me, that’s the easiest way to fly. Another one is swimming. It’s not fast, but quite enjoyable way of flying - swimming in “transparent ocean” where you can see the whole scenery! :tongue:

Once I asked a DC: “Can you make me fly to outer space?”. And so I flew, but not to space because I was afraid of it a little bit. :smile:

You must overcome your biggest fears for this… My other biggest “dream” ( :tongue: ) is to explore space. :twirl: :cloud9: Of course, it may be a bit frightening for first time but believe me, I’ve been to scarier places in dreamworlds than space (one of them is my childhood nightmare with a haunted house, and scary things in it :eek: ). But space is a place that you don’t have to afraid of because it’s worth exploring - star clusters, new galaxies, planets with entire different beings or “sucked” by a black hole! :happy:
I really want to try that in my next (longer) LD. Don’t give up just face your fears, that’s the key to it.

I don’t know if this is different in any way, but I normally don’t fly UP, but rather DOWN, in the sense that I like to jump off cliffs and soar downwards :smile:

this gives you an unbelievable rush, and I find it a lot easier to do than trying to jump off the ground and fly up/horizontal.

so next time you’re in an LD, find the nearest cliff (or just create one for that matter!) and run and jump off it, then fly downwards in a swan dive position :smile:

Yes, that’s is great feeling, actually that’s the way I become lucid for the first time ever, I was on the cliff and I just jump down and the rest of the story you know :grin: .
And I think I should mention that this happened after watching movie What Dreams May Come :wink:

Peace!

Do you mean gliding on this? Because that’s really great feeling

yes gliding is also very fun :smile:

one time I ran and jumped off this cliff and I glided down over this lush rainforest valley at sunset and I landed softly in this crystal clear pond, it was breathtaking. That was in a ND though :meh:

Yes, you could say that, at first I let my self to fall and then straight up, but the gliding part is great!

i’ve taken this from my freinds LD experience which is to like create a zero gravity atom around you (kinda like the jimmy newtron symbol) and just like point and you’d fly or think bolth have worked thinking much more and if you conentrate but you can like change it intro a plane what my friend did was changed it into a flying dolophin… hope it helped

I should try that out… :happy:

When I tried flying “superman” and “swimming” style I actually slowed down :bored:
That’s why I prefer to fly using just my mindpower(I doubt you really need anything else).