Different styles of flying

For a long time the only way I found I could fly in dreams was by imagining I was sitting in an invisible helicopter! I’d ‘sit’ and make to operate an invisible collective lever in order to fly and up I would go!

All other attempts would fail or or I’d find myself barely able to get off the ground. Its now no longer the case as it is with some other aspects of my lucid dreaming experience which have changed over the years.

Interestingly in Freud’s ‘The Interpretation of Dreams’ he has some specific points to make about dreams that involve hovering which was a frequent feature of the the same once I was airborne!

Nowadays I find myself able to fly in a variety of ways but still often struggle to get high above the ground. I’ll gain altitude but not be able to maintain it. However occasionally I’ll had dreams were I fly through clouds (even feeling the water vapour on my face) and then above the same.

Personally speaking now when lucid I often find the best way of flying somewhere is to ‘say’ to the dream ‘take me to the top of that hill’ or whatever and ‘magically’ I’ll find myself lifted and transported to the same!

i like this idea! ive flown plenty of helicopters in dreams so the leap to invisible helicopter seems natural to me.

I am new just wanting to say hi!

Hi, new member here; love this site…learning lots of new stuff.
I used to have tons of flying dreams in my youth, soaring over mountains and down into valleys with arms spread out, bird-style. As I’ve gotten older, those have been replaced by passing through walls and levitating throughout the neighborhood.
On occasion, I’ve levitated up into space and seen all the stellar formations and stars out there - has anyone else made it up into space like that?

What i just found out worked for me was flying with a broomstick :content: i havent had many lucid dreams but a few (6-7) and i am writing this post as i just finished noting the dream in my dream journal. It worked like a charm, it was as natural as walking. However it wasnt the kind of broomstick i imagined haha it was a mop, but it did its job

New member here- I’m not sure if this quite qualifies as flying but it seems like gravity in my dreams is altered, to about 3/4 or so when I try to move. I’ve managed to grow dragonfly-like wings at least twice and fly by flapping my arms several times. In addition there would by gliding after jumping from a high place, I guess, and assistance from something like an invisible jetpack from my shoulder-blades. I haven’t had much luck summoning any flying assists in ND 's or DILD 's besides just flapping my arms. I haven’t had much luck summoning many objects besides a knife from my back pocket either, so any info on creation of objects or shaping of the environment would be appreciated.

When I had flying dreams it was because I thought I was an archangel. So I truly believed I could fly and so I did.

I found i can only really fly well when im sleeping with my hands above my head in real life.

How to take off.

1. You have to believe you can fly, its a mind set and people are inherently scared of heights. Don’t ruin the expierence cause you got to high to fast.

2.BIRD TECHNIQUE- Stick out your arms, and i thought of a bird and started flapping and floating, stopped to a slow land, do that and get higher and higher.

3.Jumping technique - Look down at your feet and jump hard, remember the feeling in your legs and just repeat, hard to get use to.

1. Will - I just want to fly, I believe I can fly, hard to get but easy to float when you dont want to walk around town or or go super fast, but combined with the 3. Can produce insane speed.

Style of flying… v

Be a flying seaslug and you fly by beeing underwater jumping into slipstreams

^