Dream Ghosts

My father died 2 years ago and ever since then he’s been in my dreams. On a regular basis he’s there, sometimes I remember why he’s there or what he has to say, but sometimes I can’t. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a simular experience. I loved my father to no end and I miss him very much. Am I dreaming of him because I think of him always or is it because he is still concerned about me or still wants to communicate with me from where ever he’s at?

Maybe your subconcious is mourning?

i wouldn’t rule out that your father could be communicationg to you “from whereever he’s at” as a possibility

this topic has been brought up before, here’s a good one: visits from the DEAD :yinyang:

i am very fortunate to have not lost too many people, but i’ve had a few odd situations

first off, my dog died sometime last year, and… well… given how I can’t even remember WHEN he died it might suggest I’ve repressed it, though I was so sad for him while he was alive that I wanted to shoot him while my family was on vacation, he basically fell apart, i could tell he was screwed, and i didn’t want to see him living on much longer the way he was… so I mourned for him while he was still alive… no sadness upon his death really… I wanted it to come sooner, but when they got back they took him to the vet to put him down.

So anyway they were crying and crying and crying and crying and I was like “get over it already” though I never said that, that’s just what I was thinking on the inside.

So, after that he has randomly been in my dreams, I’ve told him to go away because he’s dead and he needs to move on, though I always pet him first… recently I was perplexed at how he was alive which triggered lucidity… and what is interesting is I came to the conclusion I was dreaming “in the past” due to a date that showed up in a later dream 4-16-03 …

I’m not sure what significance that date holds… but it was in the past, some of the things that happened fit…

So could it be that you are just re-examining facets of your past relationship with your father than have gone somewhat unexplored, or haven’t been paid attention to lately, rather than you are communicating with a “ghost” him, or whatever?

I don’t discount the possibility of communication with the dead, though I’m a bit skeptical… once my great grandma visited me in my room (it was really rather scary and I wanted her to hurry up and leave) and the thing is, she’s still alive… to my knowledge, I’m sure I would have heard of her dying if she did… I asked her if she was dead and she didn’t give me a definitive answer.

One time I had my good childhood friend Andy come to me in a dream, far before I was regularly lucid, and tell me that he died… I just… can’t express the sadness I felt in that dream… we went, and we played, and stuff… and I remember something about orange soda… but… man… the really sad thing is I have no way of knowing whether he is alive or not… not at all… I’ve lost contact with him and though I have tried in the past, have not been able to find him anywhere…

It could have just been symbolic of our relationship dying though… but…

anyway, I don’t think this is helpful to you at all, sorry, I would jsut talk to your father and ask him if he is real, and if he has anything he needs to tell you, or wants you to do, but treat it somewhat open mindedly, there are all sorts of possible explanations for it.

Even if he isn’t real, he’s still an accurate representation of your dad that you can have a good time with once in a while, so be appreciative of that too… if the moments can be happy and meaningful that is all the really matters, there’s no way of knowing he’s really there or not.