'Dream Journal' Software

Fine, if you think it’s intuitive, who am I to argue? :smile:

There’s another thing I forgot to mention! Not everybody likes blue. Besides, it really is hard to read in parts.

How about the images you want on the front page? They would be pretty distracting.

Don’t be ridiculous. That’s space saved.

Just make the damn thing resizable. Please? You see, I might want to look over my whole dream at the same time. I might be using a large font size which means the scrollbar will appear very soon. Whatever.

(What language will you be writing this in?)

HI!

I think it’s pretty cool, when you can detail your dream.
Maybe you have a right frame, where you can write down the characters, colors, locations, senses, social interactions, emotions, moon phase (all from dreamjournal software alchera).
To descirbe the dream before you click on in it, with lucid dream level, psi interactions, tecnique ( you can widen it)

-An Anlysis part for each special dream
-A kind of a calender, where you can see equal dreams or lucid ones and so on

• a moon phase calender
  • a search engine
  • a a backup console
  • multiple users

Alchera is a very good program, but it’s very expensive!! I think with this tools inside it can be a very powerful and extravagance program…

Thanks for reading
Nice greetings

Alexander

Check out this site: https://www.creativespirit.net/sundancedreamjournal/scdj11/v11p8.htm
the categories there should be included- paying attention to such small details has dramatically improved my recall.

There can be lots of parameters, I register about forty, and I’m sure in is possible to think out many others, but in fact I never analyze most of them. If I ever make any statistics, it is about these parameters:

1. recall: 5 if I think I remember the whole dream, 1 if I only remember separate pictures or themes
  2. rating: 5 for interesting, pleasant or important dreams
  3. note: 5 for high-lucid dreams with high control (if I ever had one), 1 for dreams where I am extremely stupid.
    I don’t want to say that everyone must live with these three parameters and nothing more, but, probably, there are several parameters, not more than ten, which are really important, while the infinite amount of the others can be just saved, with no possibility to make statistics…
    And about statistics: it would be cool, if it included not only diagrams, but also all these mathematical things, like autocorrelation and so on…

The only problem would be that with a regular dream journal is available by the bed for quick access. As you know with regular dreams, if you move around allot you tend to loose the memories. Lucids I can always remember clearly. I can see you loosing allot of your regular dreams/recall when you have to get up, walk to your workstation (if needed) and boot up a computer and start your application. If you can start writing by your bed, you’ll keep more of the memories it seems. Just food for thought; but the organization that the software could do could be really helpful.

:peek:

Just a little ecouraging note here! :tongue: Hope this proggie’s coming aong nice. Sounds really interesting.

Man when will you project this is done i cant wait.

I found this free tool to be very useful - I created a diary Dreams with sub-diaries lucid and normal :

snapfiles.com/get/advanceddiary.html

Until I find a better one ( or create it myself ) this one is IMHO a good temporary solution.

Thanks for that link Norman, that program looks pretty useful!! I currently keep my journal on my laptop, and haven’t found this to be too much of a problem. I just make sure that I don’t move around too much on awakening, and that I go over the dreams in my head a couple times before getting up to type them out. :user:

Does anybody know of any good dream-journaling software that’s

1. not Microsoft Windows ™ Only (preferably OS-agnostic)

2. not a web-site. (I want to own, control, and be able to back-up, transfer and copy my own personal data as and when I see fit, and not worry about technical constraints, or such issues as privacy policies, changing site-managment, etc)

I’m not willing to go back to using MS Windows for my personal computing. And there must be any number of other people that either prefer to or have to use non-MS software such as Apple or Linux.

That AdvancedDiary is truly fantastic!! I’ve transferred all of my dreams which I had previously been keeping in a Word document. It’s very handy having the calender in the left hand column, and being able to do a keyword such by date!

Take care,
S

i bought alchera about a week ago… and i am very impressed. It is an AWESOME dream journal for lucid dreams and more. Has so many features, and it is almost entirely customizable. I definetely recommend it.

WHAT happend to your project come on someone make a dam program with a sick DJ it cant be that hard

Youd need a good designer, to make a really trippy design for it. Something unique and crazy would be good for this sort of thing, as it will stick in the mind and possibly work for RC’s as well (eg. writing in the DJ, but the colours are wrong and u cant read the writing…DREAMING!!!)

Good idea though, if u make this, i think a lot of people would use it…
:grin:

What an omni-splendid idea! :happy:

I would use a trusty word document. of course, thats just me. :tongue:

I’d love to work on a DJ software but unfortunately, I’m working with 2 very big clients now and I can barely find time for me or fo my girlfriend :sad:(

maybe in january
I’m really very very sorry, dudes

I’ll stay with my trusty excel book :tongue: